Going completely paperless is not possible. We might have stopped writing paper letters and we might have started storing more documents in the cloud than in our file cabinets, but most offices are still packed with loads and loads of papers. And the odds are that you still need to get a document printed every now and then.
Printers are quite annoying. They are prone to low ink warnings and paper jams. They also have set up issue as you need to connect them to your computer using a USB cable, and all this simply for printing out a single document. This does not have to be difficult anymore with the availability of the Google Cloud Print.
Google Cloud Print is a free method of modernizing your printer by connecting it to the cloud. This enables you to print the documents that you want from almost anywhere. This Google print app is perfect for remote and mobile printing from Android devices to any printer that is Google Cloud Print-connected. Installing the app just takes a matter of seconds. Once you have got it installed on your device, you can initiate printing from the application. It is also worth noting that this app uses Android’s sharing feature for printing. As a user, you get the ability of printing from almost any attuned Android device to any printer that is Google Cloud Print-connected. With this app, you also get the ability of tracking the status of your print job.
Google Cloud Print can be described as a service from Google that allows users to print from almost any Cloud Print conscious app irrespective of the fact that whether it is web-based, mobile or desktop. Printing takes place conveniently without Google creating and maintaining printing subsystems in relation to the hardware groupings of the user’s printers and devices. This also goes without any device drivers being installed by the users. However, the documents are completely passed on to Google. Google Cloud Print when properly installed on a machine, even allows printing from any Window application.
Exclusive Features of Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is an app that easily amalgamates with mobile adaptations of Google Docs and Gmail. This allows users to easily print using their mobile phones. One can find Google Cloud Print in the listings of the Print Preview page of Google as printer option. It is also available in Chrome 16 and Google Chrome. Some of the most exclusive features of Google Cloud Print include:
- Documents that are printed using Google Cloud Print are transferred to the servers of Google to be transmitted to the printer. A copy of the document is also kept with Google but only for the time when the printing job is active or is not complete. Google does this for ensuring that the documents get printed properly and without any difficulty. Once the print job is complete, Google deletes the document from its server. Therefore, users do not need to worry about the confidentiality of the documents that they sent for printing. The documents that are sent for printing are not accessed by Google for any purpose other than to improve printing results.
- When used with the modern-day Wi-Fi printers, Google Cloud Print allows its users to print from almost anywhere without having to use any extra equipment. Users can simply connect their printers to their WiFi network and then set up Cloud Print connection. Next, they need to sign into Google Cloud Print and press Print for printing web pages. They simply need to select Cloud Print printer and the web page will easily be printed on their printers. Thus, there are no location restrictions with the use of Google Cloud Print.
- Google Cloud Print also works with apps. This means that users can directly print to Cloud Print from different mobile applications. They also get the option of using printer applications that allow them to send any file to Cloud Print from a Mac, PC, Android or iOS device.
- The Zapier integration feature of Google Cloud Print can be used for printing out emails and documents automatically from different applications. Users can do everything even without hitting the print option.
- With Google Cloud Print, you can easily print a document from almost any attuned Android device to a printer connected to Google Cloud Print.
- Users get the flexibility of sharing documents and pictures from applications like Gallery to Cloud Print directly.
- Google Cloud Print also enables users to process print invitations and even open invitation sources from their emails.
Pros and Cons of the Google Cloud Print
Some of the major pros of Google Cloud Print include:
- One of the biggest advantages of this Google service is that it is fully compatible with almost any operating system. It works on different operating systems without any problem and allows its users to print from virtually any application. It does not require the users to sign up for additional services if they already possess a Google account.
- It does not have any connectivity problems.
- Google Cloud Print prints documents wirelessly from almost anywhere.
- It makes the lives of its users easier and more convenient.
- No worries about privacy.
The cons of this app include:
- This app requires its users to add printers to their account manually, this means that if a user wants to make use of a public printer and the network administrator has enabled cloud printing, the user shall be out of luck.
The Bottom Line
Use the Google Cloud Print is you have this strong desire of sending documents to your home’s printer from almost anywhere in the world and without taking much time. Google Cloud Print is a very simply tool that makes the digital job of printing a bit less frustrating and time-consuming. Users can print documents as per their requirements while having full control on printing options. It is probably one of the best services that can be used for remote or mobile printing of the highest quality.