Turbo tax eases the work of filing annual tax returns. Intuit has developed this program to do tax preparation. The software enables the users to fill the tax returns by sitting comfortably in their homes. No matter whichever device you are owning Android, macOS, WidowsOS, iPad, and iPhone, the TurboTax program can be installed in each of them through the site www.installturbotax.com
Turbo tax premier 2020 brings some of the most outstanding features of this tax-paying software. You can grab all those services and features by learning its installation procedure. So, without any further delay, let’s move into the guide and learn how you can install Turbotax on your devices.
Simple Steps to installturbotax
The software is listed among the top tax preparation software. Many users opt for it to get rid of all the hindrances that appear while filing taxes. Well, we have brought down the steps for installing the program so that you can also kick out those problems. Therefore, let’s move into and learn the procedure:
- There should be a strong Internet connection.
- Access the web browser.
- Move towards installturbotax.com.
- Make sure to fill in the login credentials if you are a user of Turbotax.
- If not, then hit on the Create Account button.
- Try to find out the Download button.
- Hit the same to download it.
- Get access to the Download folder once you finished the procedure.
- Thereafter, launch the Turbo Tax installer consists of the file name and tax year.
- Choose Install button.
- Hit Finish when the installation gets over.
- Provide the product activation key when asked with.
- Also, choose Next.
Steps to install turbotax on Windows 10
Below is provided full assistance of Turbotax 2020 download and install procedure on Windows 10. The installation can be done either by CD or without CD. So, choose the appropriate one.
- Close all the background applications.
- Turn off the antivirus and firewall application too.
- Insert the CD into the drive.
- Try to access the Program Files.
- Alternatively, you can click on run setup.exe.
- Consequently, move towards the TurboTax official site.
- Choose the edition and version that you want to download.
- Launch the TurboTax setup file.
- Hit the Next button.
- Then, tap I agree on the tab titled End User License Agreement.
- If you want to change the location of the folder then click on the Change tab.
- Select the Install button.
- The procedure will take only 3 to 5 minutes.
Users without CD can conduct the procedure to install TurboTax on Windows 10.
- Exit all the running applications on your system.
- If there is any opened web browser then close it too.
- Disable the Windows Firewall and Antivirus program.
- Again, open the web browser.
- Go to the Turbo Tax official site install TurboTax.
- Try to find out the Download bar.
- Meanwhile, hit on the same.
- Choose the edition of the software that you want to install.
- Go through the instructions and open the program after successfully installing it.
Assistance to InstallTurboTax on Windows 8
Windows 8 users can take assistance from the steps provided below. You can simply download and install the program. So, without thinking about any other thing, just get into the section below:
- Download the program file.
- Thereafter, just launch this file.
- Meanwhile, check if the installation starts or not.
- If not then go through the instructions provided below.
- Thereafter, place your fingers on Windows and R buttons.
- Hit both of them to open the Run window.
- Consequently, choose the Browse option.
- Furthermore, head towards the CD drive.
- Click on Turbotax CD.
- After that, you need to double-click and launch the setup.exe file.
- It will start the installation procedure.
- Specify the license code after receiving the window titled “Your Product is installed, not let’s activate it”
- In the end, just press the Continue button.
- It will complete the installation procedure.
Note: Windows 7 users can only use the Turbotax 2019 and older because of the absence of security updates on those OS. Also, the user can upgrade the OS to Windows 10 if want to use the program.
Steps to Install TurboTax on iPhone
As said above, TurboTax is compatible with all devices so if you are an iPhone user then make sure to download and install the software with the help of these steps.
- Go to the App store.
- Head towards the search section.
- Then, enter TurboTax there.
- Click on the Get button.
- You can find it beside the TurboTax Return.
- Thereafter, hit the Open button once the software is downloaded.
- Make sure to make an account if you are not registered with Turbo Tax.
- Fill in the correct login credentials.
- Then, you will successfully sign in to the Turbo tax account.
- Now, you can successfully go to the on-screen guidelines to file the tax returns.
Procedure to InstallTurboTax on iPad
The steps above are applicable for iPad too. So, make sure to install the software just like you did on your iPhones. However, if there comes any kinds of issues at the time of installing this program then try to resolve the issue with the help of the guidance provided below.
- Exit from all the applications running on your computer.
- Turn off the iPad.
- Then, restart the device.
- Examine if you find the same issue on Windows OS or not.
- If yes, then try to run the TurboTax setup file.
- Run the file in compatibility mode.
- Also, don’t forget to provide administrative privileges.
- If you don’t want to involve in this procedure then just uninstall and install TurboTax software.
How to Install TurboTax on Android
You can installTurboTax by moving towards the official site and downloading the software. However, if you don’t want then just try to download the application from the Play Store. Below are provided the steps that will help you in installing TurboTax on Android.
- Open your Android.
- Access the Google Play Store application.
- Choose the Search bar.
- Enter Turbotax there.
- Then, just click on the Install button.
- After a successful download, try to make a TurboTax account.
- If you have your credentials then use them to login back to the account.
- Just carry out the steps as prompts on your computer screen to fill the tax returns.
How to Install Turbo Tax on MacBook Pro?
You can download and install Turbotax either from any of these two ways by navigating to the official site and using the installation CD. The steps below will help you to conduct TurboTax 2020 download.
- Open the MacBook Pro’s optical drive.
- Insert the CD there.
- Thereafter, go through the instructions that pop up on the screen.
- Moreover, hold and drag the red mark of software into the Applications folder.
- After completing the installation, just try to activate the software by providing a product key.
- You can find the product key on the box of the CD.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to install Turbotax when my computer does not have a CD Drive?
Well, you can install Turbotax from its official website too. Follow the steps below to know how to do it.
- Turn on your computer.
- Access the web browser.
- Then, head towards the official website installturbotax.
- Try to download the setup file.
- Save the downloaded setup file to the folder where you want.
- Launch the same file and start with the installation steps appearing on your screen.
2. Can TurboTax be installed on an external hard drive?
Yes, you can install the TurboTax on an external hard drive. Just ensure that the drive and computer are connected.
3. Why the TurboTax software is not installed on my PC?
If you are facing this issue then make sure to run the Windows System File Checker. Other than this, use a different optical drive to install TurboTax.
Moreover, if you use the downloaded TurboTax file to install the software then delete it and reinstall the program.
4. How many accounts can be used for TurboTax?
You cannot use more than five accounts for TurboTax. Make sure that the return of the purchase depends on different user IDs.
5. What is the difference between TurboTax Desktop and TurboTax Online?
TurboTax online enables you to use a website for filing your federal and state taxes. Although, TurboTax desktop is installed on the system as a stand-alone program.
6. How to fix TurboTax Installation Issues in Windows 10?
You can solve the issue by providing admin rights to the setup.exe file.
- To initiate, save the setup.exe file.
- Perform a right-click on the setup file.
- Thereafter, choose Properties.
- After that, put a tick mark on the box titled Run this program as an administrator.
- Expand the Compatibility mode option.
- Then, choose another box named Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Just confirm the box showing on your computer screen.
- After completing these steps, the launcher successfully receives admin rights.
7. Can I transfer TurboTax from Windows to Mac?
Yes, you can transfer the TurboTax from Windows to Mac. Below are provided some steps that will help you in doing so.
- Find out the tax file of last year.
- Try to copy it to a pen drive or any other flash drive.
- Moreover, copy and paste the file to Mac.
- Meanwhile, just access the TurboTax on Mac.
- Click on File New Tax Return.
- Finally, hit the Begin button.