QuickBooks Error QBW32 exe is one of the essential files in QuickBooks that includes the ultimate QuickBooks Pro software and the value of payroll.
QuickBooks is the best accounting software in the market. The application helps to manage the finances and track the transaction data at the tips of your fingers. However, despite the great features, users of QuickBooks sometimes face issues while using the software. QBW32 exe is one of such errors. The glitch arises due to the spamming of emails or while the user opened any infected sites. The error also might occur while you are trying to take a printout. If you are facing the same error then stay with us till the end of the article.
We will discuss the causes, triggers, symptoms, and also the methods to resolve the error.
What is QBW32 exe?
QBW32.exe is an executable file that is developed by the QuickBooks parent company Intuit Inc. and is also part of the QuickBooks Enterprise Solution: Accountant Edition 13.0. The application is about 493.37 KB in size.
It is an executable file that displays the name of the extension file .exe. However, sometimes the extension file can damage the computer. If you are facing some issues while installing or opening the file then it might be some problem in the file. To check whether the QBW32.exe file of your computer does/ does not have any malware or trojan horse read the whole article till the end.
Is It safe or not?
However, before going any further discussion it is important to first understand whether the extension file is safe or a threat to the computers. The first way to figure that out is the location of the executable file. The QBW.exe file should only run from the following navigation.
C:\Program Files\intuit\quickbooks enterprise solutions 13.0\qbw32.exe
If the location of your file is different than this one, then it could be a virus.
To check where the QBW32 exe that you have downloaded is safe to install or not, following the steps below.
- Go to the Task Manager.
- Then select the View option and Select the Columns.
- Choose the “Image Path Name” and then add the column location to the Task Manager. If you notice something suspicious then try to investigate it.
The user can also use another tool to find out the bad processes is Microsoft’s Process Explorer.
- Start the program.
- Then try to activate the Check Legends after clicking on Options.
- Go to the View and choose Columns.
- From the drop-down list of the columns add Verified Signer.
Important Points about QBW exe
- Publisher: Intuit Inc.
- Full Path: C:\Program Files\intuit\quickbooks enterprise solutions 13.0\qbw32.exe
- Size of the Folder: 493.37 KB
- Publisher URL: Official Website of QuickBooks.
Symptoms of Issue Occurs
While facing the error, you might encounter the following points.
Error message: Problem – QBW32.exe – The instruction at OX (…) referred to memory at OX (…). The memory could not be read.
Cannot find qbwin32.dll
Cannot find qbw32.exe
Causes of the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
You might be getting the error message due to the following triggers.
- The file might have moved out of the QuickBooks directory.
- QBWin32.dll is not a part of the QuickBooks directory.
Common QBW32.exe Error Message
The most common errors of QBW32.exe that a user might face while using the software are as follows:
- “qbw32.exe failed.”
- “qbw32.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “qbw32.exe is not running.”
- “qbw32.exe not found.”
- “Cannot find qbw32.exe.”
- “Error starting program: qbw32.exe.”
- “Faulting Application Path: qbw32.exe.”
- “qbw32.exe Application Error.”
- “qbw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Keeping a record of the occurrence of the QBW32.exe is very important for resolving the issue.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error QBW32 exe
If you are facing any errors, then make sure to take the necessary actions immediately. However, while facing any such problem try to restart the computer to resolve the issue. If the method does not work then try to read the solutions thoroughly.
Method 1: Close the Process QBW32.exe
- Go to the Windows Taskbar and then click on the option Start Task Manager.
- Then tap on the “Process Button” and click on the “Image name header” to arrange it alphabetically.
- Select the downloaded file QBW32.exe and then tap on the End Process.
Method 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Accounting Software
If the above method did not help you to resolve the problem then, try to solve it using this solution.
- Tap on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then tap the “Ctrl Key.”
- Tap on the Open Function.
- Make sure to hold the Ctrl key until the No Company open window is pop-up on the screen.
- After the completion of the process, access the QuickBooks folder.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is useful that helps to fix the issue while opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the software, QB Install Diagnostic Tool. you can download it from the official website of QuickBooks.
- Save the downloaded file on your PC.
- Before running the QBInstall Tool try to close All Programs.
- However, the above process might take some time to complete.
- Once the tool starts running, reboot the system so that the application got successfully updated.
Method 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop Installation is a better way to resolve the damaged and corrupted installed files or folders.
There are many ways you can resolve the problems, some of the solutions are:
- Downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub will help you to solve the problem.
- Another helpful way to resolve the issue is to use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Try to update the latest version of QuickBooks to eliminate the problem.
Method 5: Reboot Your Computer System
Another way to solve the error is to reboot your system. Rebooting the PC will start the system as new.
- Press and hold the power button for some time until the computer shuts down.
- After waiting for around 30 seconds of power on the PC. Avoid powering on the system right after shut down, it may lead to critical damage to the motherboard or other hardware.
- Press the start button and check if you are receiving an error message or strange behaviors.
- Restart the PC by selecting the “Restart” button from the power menu if you are a Windows user. And for Mac users, restart the system from the Apple menu.
Method 6: Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the above methods helped you to resolve the issue then try this solution.
- Uninstall the software and then again try to reinstall it.
- The term Clean Installation means installing the files in a new file but in the same folder.
We have discussed all possible solutions for the QuickBooks error QBW32.exe that would help you to resolve the problem you are facing while using QuickBooks. However, if none of the methods helps you to get rid of the issue then try to contact the customer service of Intuit QuickBooks. You can easily access the helpline number from the official website of the software.
Hopefully, this article was helpful and informative to you.