Quickbooks accounting software completely changes the experience of using accounting and book-keeping activities to all the entrepreneurs. This is an ideal software to maintain business books for every small and medium-sized enterprise. No matter which niche you are from, you can download this application on your computer for hassle-free business operation.
The easy-to-use interface makes it more demanding and desirable worldwide. This single application handles all your intricate tasks like record payment transactions, payroll, tax calculation, track inventory, and much more with a precise result. Although this application is very useful but after all its a software. Sometimes the user may face difficulties or issues while using Quickbooks desktop that interrupts their flawless working experience. These issues are known as Quickbooks errors and can be redeemable.
One such error is Quickbooks Abort Error that occurs in the QB desktop. Due to this error, the QBWUSER.INI file gets damage. To know more about this error, read this post to the end. In this post, we cover a brief detailed introduction to the Quickbooks Abort Error along with its symptoms and factors. Lately, we discussed every possible method to resolve the error from Quickbooks. So, without further Ado, let’s get started the informatic journey to know why QuickBooks Web connector Application Request To abort error?
What is Quickbooks Abort Error?
When Quickbooks keeps aborting the access of company file, the user has to undertones that there the system is encountering Quickbooks Abort error. This error unable to proceed any further and the system starts to crash while the save process is going on or any changes are made to its company files. It is basically the software is asking the user to cancel all ongoing transaction and resume it again after restarting the software. This error hinders access to the company file and damages the QBWUSER.INI file. Any kind of change made to the data by the user can be lost in case of this QB error and might require being re-entered. When this error arrives it comes with an error message that flashes on your display screen.
If this error occurred in your system, then do not worry you are at the right place where you will get all the answers to your questions and different solutions to this error. We disclose each and every aspect of QB Abort error but first, it’s important to know more about this error and then proceed to the solution segment. The more you get to know about this error, it’s been easier you to solve the error without doing any mistakes.
Why Do I Keep Getting Abort Error for the QuickBooks Desktop?
As we all know, everything happened due to some reason, the same quote is applied with Every QB Errors. When Quickbooks encountered any of the errors, there is always some reason that triggered the error to emerge and hinder the work. Here are some reasons for Quickbooks Web Application Request to abort error:
- Any Hardware issues or damaged windows may be a reason for error occurrence
- If the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or missing the error definitely emerges.
- Installed Firewall and Antivirus in your system clashing with the QuickBooks processes and making QuickBooks abort its current task.
- Configurations of different versions of QuickBooks clashing within a multi-user setup.
- Multiple computers hosting the QuickBooks company file.
- Sleep or hibernation mode is turned on while the computer is saving the company files.
- A disruption in the flow of data between devices storing the files. (This happens only when the files are saved and stored on different devices whereas your computer is on the network)
Symptoms of Quickbooks Web Connector Error Application Requested to Abort
Knowing the symptoms of any error helps to recognize the error easily. Recognizing error in the first place makes you attentive towards it and you will start finding the solution to resolve it according to the type of the error. The following points are the signs of Quickbooks Abort error in Quickbooks.
- While working with QuickBooks, it shuts down automatically. QuickBooks unrecoverable error occurs along with the message
- The computer system crashes randomly.
- It is also possible that QuickBooks may crash with no message on the display.
- If the computer system has windows 8 then QuickBooks gets terminated frequently when this error appears.
Now that we have explored all the important aspects before applying any solution to Quickbooks abort error. Now it’s time to explore and apply every possible method to redeem the error from Quickbooks. So let’s get to the point.
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error?
These are the different methods to solve the Quickbooks Abort error and get back to your work. But it’s important to follow all steps without skipping anyone, it can be possible you may skip those steps which are more important to resolve the error. So, do it carefully.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The very first and foremost method to resolve the Quickbooks Abort error is to apply Quickbooks install diagnostic Tool as this tool analyzes and highlights faulty windows components. This would fix the problem on its own.
- Go to the official site of Intuit to download Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool (you can either install Quickbook Tool Hub to use the QB Install diagnostic tool)
- Now Double click on the icon to launch the tool to scan your system
- After the scan process completed, this tool gives you results
- If the result is “No error Detected” then the file is ok
- If the result is “Error detected” then proceed further
- Repair the file and then restore the backup
- The users are recommended to restore the backup through Quickbooks Auto data recovery.
Method 2: Rename the QBWUSER.INI File
Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file helps the user to resolve the error but renaming this file may delete the last list of files opened, which means users have to redo the same thing manually.
- The first step in this process is to check the folder where the QBWUSER.INI file is located
- Now follow the path :\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\ to navigate the location of the file.
- Now select the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it and go to rename option
- Now add .OLD at the end of the file name
- Now rename the .ecml file and save it
- Now the last step is trying to open the file.
Method 3: Scan the Error through QuickBooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is a tool that resolves every QB error which is related to file issues. As the name suggests this tool works as a real doctor to every bug in Quickbooks file and resolve each error and bug.
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- After that save the file on your device.
- Now open the file you downloaded which is saved as QBFD.exe.
- After that, the users need to follow the onscreen commands to install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Once the installation process completes, the tool will run automatically. You can also run the file doctor tool by double-clicking on it.
- The scanning process will determine the error and resolve it in no time.
If this method fails to redeem the error then move ahead with the next method.
Method 4: Test the QuickBooks’s Hosting Status
In terms of resolving Quickbooks Web connector Application to abort Error, the users need to check the hosting status of Quickbooks by following steps.
- First of all, go to the File tab in Quickbooks
- Now navigate to the Utilities option
- Now there’s one more list get opened, go to the Stop hosting multi-user access option and click on it
- Now go to the Company file and open it on Multi-user access.
- The last and final step in the process is to look for the checkmark in the box labeled – Open file in multi-user mode is there.
Now check whether the error is gone or not. If not then try out the next method to resolve the error.
Method 5: Manually Configure Firewall Setting
- At first, open the Windows Start Menu
- After that, type Windows Firewall in search hit the enter button
- Now click on the Advance setting option in the Windows Firewall section
- In the next step, right-click on the Inbound Rules option and then select the New Rule option
- After completing the above step, now the user has to select the Port option and then tap on the Next button.
- In the next step, a new page will open up, where the user has to make sure that the TCP option is marked properly.
- Now move ahead to the Specific local port Field the user needs to fill it up with Specific ports required for the Quickbooks year version.
- Now, hit on the next button at the end of the page
- On the next page, the user needs to select the Allow the Connection and then hit on the next option
- After completing all the above steps, the user has to make sure all the profile are marked and then once again click on the Next button
- In the next step, create a rule and also feed a name for it.
- The final step to end the procedure by clicking on the finish option.
Method 6: Running Verify and rebuild Data Utility
- First of all, go to the Quickbooks Desktop and then select the file Menu
- Now navigate to the Utilities tab and click on the Verify Data option
- Clicking on Verify Data option may give results in two case
- if there is no message appears after verifying the data, then you are required to run the Rebuild tool
- If the error message appears stating “Your data has lost integrity” on the screen then you will be needed to repair the damaged data file.
- Now go to the Utilities Tab under the File Menu and also click on the Rebuild Data option
- A pop-up window will open up, click on the ok button on it.
- Now, select the location on the system to save the backup of the company file and then hit on the ok button
- Moving further, the user has to check the Data Rebuild Process has started
- The last and final step is to restore the backup option from the file menu.
Hopefully, all the above methods will help you out to resolve the Quickbooks Abort Error. As the post begins with a brief intro about the error and then progresses further, you will come across the main factors behind the error and their signs too. These signs show the effect of the error on the system and the QuickBooks. Further, the reader will find the solutions in different methods with a detailed steps guide. In the solution segment, apply the Quickbooks tool hub first then move ahead to the other manual solution. Mostly manually fixing methods looks tough for the first time but with our step-by-step guide, it will be easier to apply to get rid of the error.
In case, if you failed to resolve the error by the above methods then try to contact QuickBooks Customer support on their toll-free number. They are 24×7 available to answer your queries and help you out in a difficult situation.