Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
Download the Quickbooks Clean Install tool and fix nasty quickbooks errors
Quickbooks is the most used accounting tool that has some advanced features like tax filling, creating invoices, and payroll update. With these different dynamic features, Quickbooks maintains the title of the most used finance software in small and medium-sized businesses. For employees, Quickbooks brings some other different features like time tracking and electronic funds. Intuit not only brings this dope tool among its users but also many other different tools like Quickbooks file doctor tool and Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool that are used for rectifying the different errors that appear in the system due to some technical glitches. In the blog post, we are going to discuss one such Quickbooks clean install tool developed by Intuit.
So, adhere yourself till the end of the article to know everything about this amazing tool which you can simply use to get a guaranteed solution to all the errors and issues related to Quickbooks desktop. In order to know more about the Quickbooks clean install tool, how you can use it and why you should enjoy the features of this tool, read the full guide below.
What is Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
Quickbooks clean install tool not only resolves the hindrances that happen while opening or accessing the company file but also provides the user a great help in resolving every other error related to Quickbooks. The tool manages to replace the QB desktop software with all the files that help in installing the tool. This way, the tool reduces the fear of losing the financial data stored in Quickbooks as the process of clean installation does not include anything that is presented in the data. Through this, the user relieves that the data will be in a safe place.
Well, the user has to perform the step-by-step process that includes uninstallation of Quickbooks desktop for windows, renaming the installation files, reinstalling the programs, and then gathering the backup data.
After following the whole article, the user will aware of this dynamic Quickbooks clean install tool and the steps of performing the clean install. So, read the guide below to enlighten yourself with the dynamicity of one of the best tools offered by Intuit.
When to Use Clean Install Tool Quickbooks
If the user is experiencing any of the following issues while using Quickbooks then he/she can ease the working functionality with the use of the clean install tool Quickbooks.
- After performing multiple attempts of reinstallation, the system still showing the same installation error.
- At the time when re-install of Quickbooks cannot resolve the error issue that disturbs the ongoing process with frequently pops up.
- During the period when the user on the network tries to access more than one company file simultaneously.
Things to Consider before using the Quickbooks clean install tool
- The user needs to keep in mind that the Quickbooks desktop download file, license numbers, and installation CD are available. Also, try to have the product and license number by pressing F2 and press Ctrl + 1 from the keyboard. So you do not need to trouble yourself with anything required to log in to the system after reinstallation.
- Now, try to create a backup of the company file to remove every chance that can lose the data stored in the system.
- The second step you can do by inserting a flash drive in the system for the backup. The user can create the backup from either of the two given below methods
- The first is to create the backup of the company files for the open Quickbooks.
- Go to the file and select the backup company option which will help in creating a local backup.
- According to your preference, select local backup or online backup. Although, it is safer to save the file on the flash drive because of its quick way to transfer.
- Hit the next tab and move on to the onscreen instructions to finish the task of creating the backup of the data.
How to do a Clean Installation of Quickbooks Desktop
The user needs to perform the clean installation process in chronological order. Skipping any of the steps can worsen the situation. So, it would be better for you to follow each and every step carefully as mentioned in this guide.
Step 1: Uninstall Quickbooks Desktop
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to open the Run window (Windows + R).
- Try to enter the control panel on the dialog box and hit the OK button.
- Navigate to the programs and features option and choose Programs.
- From the list of programs, click on Quickbooks and uninstall the same.
- In order to end the task, follow the onscreen prompts as they are described.
You may also like: Quickbooks Tool Hub
Step 2: Rename the Installing Folders
After performing the above step, the user needs to move on to this second step that requires renaming the installing folders with the use of the clean install tool Quickbooks. The tool renames the old install folders and also enables Quickbooks to add new install files during the time of reinstall. The users who want to perform the manual steps for renaming the installing folders can check out our next section containing the same to proceed with renaming the Quickbooks installation folders. But, before moving on to them, let’s first consider how to run Quickbooks clean install tool.
How to run Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
The users who do not have the knowledge of downloading and running the Quickbooks clean install tool can take the lead of some steps below:
- Try to download the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool.exe file and save it on the desktop.
- Open the tool.
- Click on the I accept tab showing on the license agreement.
- Now, choose for Quickbooks desktop version and hit on the continue tab.
- Hit the OK tab when the window prompts up the message saying Quickbooks is ready to do a clean install and you can install this to the default directory.
Manually Rename Quickbooks Installation Folders
In this step, the user needs to rename the folders and the location of the folders to reflect the hidden files. By adding old or damaged words to the folder name ends, the user can easily access and recognize the old folder during the time of creating the new one.
- Hit the start menu and search for file explorer.
- Open the file explorer.
- Now, try to open the folder having the company files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- After finding the folder, right-click on the same and select rename.
- Now, try to add old or damaged at the end of the folders to rename them.
- Finally, the user becomes ready to reinstall the Quickbooks desktop.
If the user faces the error that reads the access denied while renaming the folder
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and navigate to the task manager.
- Navigate to the processes tab and hit the option image name column header for knowing the processes alphabetically.
- Now, the user needs to choose the QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe, and after that pressing the end process tab.
- If the window prompts up with the message saying Warning- in case you end the process that will lead to undesired results including the data loss and system instability, hit on the yes tab.
Step 3: Reinstall Quickbooks Desktop
- Try to insert the CD of Quickbooks desktop and carry on with the on-screen guidelines.
- After the software is installed, enter the exact product and license number that you find in the system earlier.
- Now, move on with the on-screen guidelines.
- Hit the next tab.
- The user needs to select the type of installation and click on next > install.
- Finally, the user is good to go with running Quickbooks.
Step 4: Gather Info and Backup the data
- Try to download a new install file for the Quickbooks software.
- Keep in mind to get the latest updates for the version.
- The user needs to prepare with the license number that can easily be found on the original packaging as well as in the purchase confirmation email.
- Enter the year and the version of the product.
- Once done with the process, create the backup of the company file to save it.
We hope that you all like this article containing everything about the Quickbooks clean install tool. With the guide above, you can easily rectify any installation error. This tool will also protect the data stored within the file. But, if you have any other query related to Quickbooks clean install tool that you cannot get resolved here then you can contact the experts of the field or the Quickbooks customer care team to clear all your queries.