Sometimes, users get some issues related to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped Error after some update. Accessing the file of the company stored on the server might result in a different error like H202, which is a connectivity error.
The user can also scan their devices by using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager so that the other devices can connect to the result “QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve Errors and Retry!” If you are using multi-user mode and have recently updated it. Then the article is for you. We would discuss different methods to solve the issue. Hence read the whole article to get the detailed solution of troubleshooting instructions.
What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped?
In the multi-user mode of QuickBooks, the users would require a database server manager that provides other computers to access the stored file on the server. However, sometimes after updating, the software of QuickBooks begins to display the database server manager network diagnostics failed error and display. This is the error that does not let the users continue their work and affect productivity. We will try some steps to resolve the error.
Reasons for QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error
There could be various reasons for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed and the most common reason could be the disabled database service. Let’s talk about some of the other reasons:
- Your Windows Firewall might be restricting the QuickBooks software to access the necessary parts that are needed to connect with the internet server.
- The other reason could be, the Outdated QuickBooks Database Server manager which is preventing the user from accessing the files from QuickBooks and causing QuickBooks network diagnostics failed errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped Error
In this article, we would discuss a few solutions that might help you in solving the error. So before further ado, let’s discuss the method stepwise.
I. Verify the Version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Before beginning the process make sure that your QuickBooks and QB Database Server manager is of the same version. If you have, then follow the steps below:
- To check the compatibility, press the keys Windows + R and in the text box of the Run window, type Services.msc.
- To open the list of the installed services, tap the Enter key.
- Locate QuickBooksDBXX, check if the last two digits of the name match the name of the file of the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- For example, if you have a QuickBooks of 2016 version, then the service name would be QuickBooksDB26. If the QuickBooks is the 2017 version, then the name would be QuickBooksDB27, for QuickBooks 2018 version QuickBooksDB28, and for QuickBooks 2019 version it would be QuickBooksDB29.
- If you are using a different version of QuickBooks then consider installing the right version of the server to resolve the error.
II. Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair Network Connection Issues
First, we would try to solve the issues using the QuickBooks File Doctor. The following are a few issues that can be resolved by this tool.
- It helps to repair the damaged company files which can not be opened.
- You can fix the errors like error H101, H202, H303, and H505. These errors are usually known as the QuickBooks File Doctor Errors.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor can solve the Troubleshoot errors including error 6000- 305, error 6147, error 6000-82, and error 6130.
- It also helps to fix the missing list of the pieces of information of customers, vendors, and employees.
Before using the tool, consider reading the following points:
- Ensure that you have installed the latest version of the software. If you have a previous version then first uninstall the version and then download the new version.
- If you are using any QuickBooks version before 2015, then the software already has an in-built File Doctor. We do not recommend using the in-built tool. Please, download the external tool because it has more features than the in-built one.
- The users can use the internal File Doctor to solve the issues like error 6000 and all. However, if the repair tools do not work then consider taking support from QuickBooks Customer Support. You can get the helpline number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- You would need the Microsoft.Net.3.5 version to install the File Doctor on the Operating system of Windows 10.
- The repair tool File Doctor is only available on the Windows operating system and the users can not use the tool on Mac devices.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Once you have completed downloading QuickBooks File Doctor, follow the steps below:
- Look for the downloaded file under the name “qbfd.exe”, double click on the file to open the file.
- Once you open the application, you will get some instructions on the screen, follow the instructions and do accordingly.
- The procedure of the installation would begin automatically. If it does not then click on the software icon to download on the desktop.
- After the installation process, run the software on the desktop. From the drop-down list, you can select the company name, or you can also search it manually.
- As now you have selected the company name, you can choose the required diagnosis to check the errors. For example, if you are facing issues like 6000, 6000-6150-82, 6000-301, 6000-305, 6147, and 6130; then click on the “Check both file damage and network connectivity” option. If you need to check the damaged file then select the “Check file damage only.”
- If you have a set up for multi-user and you are getting errors like H202, H303, and H505, then you should choose the option “Check network connectivity only” and tap on the “Diagnose File” to continue.
- You need to enter the password and tap on the option “Next.”
- If you have an older version of QuickBooks then you have to update the software to the latest version.
- The software then starts repairing the company file. The process may take a few moments to complete.
- After the completion of the process, open the file. If you have more than one version of QuickBooks on your device then select the version you want to open the file and tap on the option “Open QuickBooks” to open the file.
Now if your issue does not resolve using QuickBooks File Doctor or if it gives a new different error QBDBMgrN not running on this computer, then do not panic. Be patient! We have a solution for that.
How to resolve an error QBDBMgrN not running on this computer?
QBDBMgrN can be introduced during updating a newly installed version of QuickBooks or trying to upgrade the newer version. The error is caused due to an unknown service and it restricts access to the internet. Repair the issue using the below steps:
Repair 1: Install Windows Firewall Updates
- Press the button Windows + R together. Type “Control Panel” in the Run window.
- Now press Enter to continue. And then click on the option System and Security.
- The user can also use the command “firewall.cpl” to open the firewall settings.
- Tap on the Windows Firewall and go to the Update your Firewall Settings sections to select Check for Updates.
- If the device suggests any updates then tap on the Update Now option and Use Recommended Settings.
- The update procedure might take some time, wait till it is not completed.
- Restart your devices and open the QuickBooks software again.
Repair 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- Again, press the keys, Windows + R and open the Run tab.
- In the Run box, type Services.msc and press Enter.
- Search for the option QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service as QuickBooksDB28 for the 2018 version of QuickBooks, QuickBooksDB27 for the 2017 version of QuickBooks, and QuickBooksDB26 for the 2016 version of QuickBooks, etc.
Repair 3. Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If the other methods did not help you solve your problem then don’t worry, we have a few more points to discuss.
- To update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, tap on the Start icon of your device and look for the software QuickBooks.
- After that select the option QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and tap on the Updates button.
- To start the update procedure, follow the instructions on the screen and install the latest version of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Once you are done with the update, ensure to restart the server.
- And the updated version also allows you to access your company file on the QuickBooks workstation to update the company file.
- Make sure that you have created a backup of the company file before going for updating.
- Now you can try to open the file again. If you are getting the same error of QuickBooks database server manager server diagnostics failed error then try to solve it with the next solution.
Repair 4: Set up QuickBooks Database Service (QBDBXX)
Let’s try to resolve the issue using the following steps.
- Search for the option Services in the search box of the Search Programs and Files.
- Tap on the options list of Services.
- Right-click the Service once more and tap on the option Properties.
- Search for the General tab and go to the Start-up type. Change it from Manual to Automatic.
- After changing the settings, go to the Log on tab. Then change the Local Account to Local Manual.
- Select the option Restart the Service under the tab Recovery. Then you will get options in the drop-down list First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
- Close the tabs and tap on the option Start on your Windows device.
Repair 5. Configuring Windows Firewall
If none of the above solutions helped you so far then try to configure Windows Firewall. This repairment might help in fixing the problems.
- Open the Start Menu option of Windows.
- Type the Windows Firewall in the search bar.
- Once you open the tab, click on the Advanced Settings.
- Then right-click on the option Inbound Rules and tap on the New Rule.
- Hit the Next button after selecting the Port option.
- Ensure to select TCP and then enter the Specific Ports in the field of specific local ports.
- Click on Next to continue.
- You have to then ensure the profiles as marked and then hit the option Next.
- Select the Finish option to end the process.
The above are five easy methods to solve the error while performing your task on QuickBooks. The solution would help you to fix the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped issue, like QuickBooks 2016 Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed, QuickBooks Database Server Manager 2019 Network Diagnostics Failed, etc. However, even after the above solution, you are getting some kind of error or the method did not help to resolve the failed issues, then consider contacting QuickBooks Customer Service Help. You can get Help from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. Hopefully, the article was helpful and informative to you.