Quickbooks software earned a lot of notability around the world in the accounting and bookkeeping field. This software is known for its user-friendly interface that assists the users to maintain their accounting activity. Through Quickbooks, a user can opt for much book-keeping activity such as payroll management, create customized receipts, bill payments, track inventories, and much more. But software being software, it also has problems like other software such as glitches or errors while downloading the Quickbooks enterprise for MAC.
If you are the one who is facing errors and glitches while installing Quickbooks desktop on Mac, then this is the place where you will get all the answers related to errors during QB installation. Read this post to the end we will let you know the whole process to download and install Quickbooks enterprise for Mac. But first, let’s explore the Quickbooks Enterprise version for the Mac operating system to understand the error that occurred during installation, more closely that helps to erase them easily and fast.
What is QuickBooks Enterprise For Mac?
As the above paragraph clearly states that, the QuickBooks accounting software is used by millions of users worldwide to maintain their book-keeping and accounting activity. As we all know Quickbooks accounting software is available in three different versions, the Pro version, premier Version, and the Enterprise Version, and the best part of these versions is that it is available for Mac Operating Systems too. But there are many Mac Users who’re facing errors and disturbances while Quickbooks Enterprise for Mac Download.
Using Quickbooks on Mac OS has a separate section that offers some exclusive features only for Mac Users. All this makes the accounting process easy and hassle-free. Some of the features that QuickBooks Mac Desktop offers are, automatic reminders in i-calendar, timely notifications in the menu bar, auto contacts sync in the Mac Operating system’s address book.
Let’s get ahead to know the way to download Quickbooks enterprise from a mac without any error interruption. But there are some points that you should have to look at before hopping to know the steps to download Quickbooks enterprise 2015 for Mac.
Points to Remember Before Download Quickbooks Enterprise On Mac
Every Mac OS user should have to keep these points in mind before Quickbooks enterprise for Mac download.
- Before installing Quickbooks Enterprise on Mac OS, the user has to make sure that the minimum system requirement for the particular Mac version is fulfilled for speedy installation.
- Also, make sure you have purchased the right version of Quickbooks, such as Quickbooks for Mac
- Before the installation, the most important point to consider is that the user has prepared the license and product number. You will get the product number, If:
- – Download the product online, then check your email confirmation that contains the license and product number.
- – You have the CD, then look for the scratch-off label on the packaging.
Minimum System Requirement for Quickbooks Mac Desktop
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- MacOS 10.14 (Mohave): supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Multi-User Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server
- 2 GB RAM, however, 4 GB RAM is recommended
- 250 MB disk space available
- CD/DVD drive or internet connection for the downloaded installation
- The printer should be a 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, in order to print the invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, etc.
- For Mac, using Intuit Checks to print checks
- Product registration is a must.
Download and Installation Steps for QuickBooks Enterprise Solution or Mac
Follow the below manual steps to download, install and set up Quickbooks Enterprise 2015 for mac.
- The first thing is to download the Quickbooks enterprise software from the official site of Intuit. If you have a physical copy of the software then skip this part.
- Now the user has to visit the Quickbooks support website and choose the Mac version of the software.
- If you are facing issues while downloading the installer, then the user is advised to clear the browser’s cookies and cache memory. If the issues still persist then use another browser for the downloading procedure.
- Now, after the downloading process completes, go to the location where the downloaded file is landed, double-click on the QB executable file to start the extraction process.
- Once the extraction process is completed, click on the Yes to All option and then click on the Next To Start the Installation option.
- Now, the software License Agreement window will appear on the screen. Click on the Next option after a careful read upon the term and condition policies.
- In the next step, a new window will appear where the user is required to enter the correct License and the product number and then hit the Next button
- The next dialogue will ask for the type of installation and give you two options:
- EXPRESS: – If you are an old QB user, just choose this option. Choosing the Express option will replace the previous data of Quickbooks on your system with the new one.
- CUSTOM AND NETWORK: – when you are opting for Multiple versions of Quickbooks desktop, then choose the Custom and Network option. This option will allow the user to share data with the same network.
- After the above steps, the dialogue box will appear that asks where you will be using QB Desktop. (You can skip this option if you choose the Express option before.)
- I’ll be using QuickBooks on this Computer: When the user is not going to store the company file on the Mac in which you are running Quickbooks
- I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, and I’ll be storing company files here: when the user is going to store the company file on the same system on which Quickbooks enterprise for mac is being installed.
- I will not utilize QuickBooks on this Mac, I’ll be storing our business file here: when the user uses it as a File server.
- After completing the above steps the user has to click on the Next button to continue the installation.
- Once the installation process is completed, restart the Mac and activate the QuickBooks Enterprise desktop.
Steps to Convert the Company File in Quickbooks
When a QB user opts to upgrade the previous Quickbooks desktop for the Mac version then the user has to update the company file to work in the newer version. Do follow the steps to conclude this method:
- First, go to the newer Quickbooks desktop version and open the company file
- When you get a dialogue box stating: Quickbooks To Update or Convert the company file, choose the Upgrade option there.
- After that, click on the Ok button, if any other dialogue box appears on the screen
- At last, it’s advised to check the balance, reports, and the account to ensure the correct company file is converted.
Steps to Set-up Multi-user in Quickbooks desktop For Mac
If the user wants to access the Multi-user mode in the upgraded version then he/she should set-up Quickbooks in Multi-user mode to ensure all the clients will access all the present files at the same time without any hassle. Do follow the steps to complete the process.
- First, open the Quickbooks company file and go to the Multi-user folder.
- After that user has to drag the Quickbooks server icon to the application folder.
- When the above process is completed, click on the Authenticate to modify the application folder
- After that, click on the Ok button and then enter the username and password for the authentication.
- Now the user has to go to the Quickbooks Desktop and open the company file.
- At last, the user has to navigate towards the file and choose the Enable Multi-user mode to share the company file access.
Limitation of QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop for Mac
As discussed above, Quickbooks enterprise desktop for mac is an amazing software that anyone has. But there are certain limitations of this software that a user may face while using it. These limitations are:
1: A user can not access data via Phone
Quickbooks enterprise solution for Mac does not permit the users to access the data from Mobile phone, in comparison to Quickbooks online.
2: limited Technical Assistance
With the Quickbooks Enterprise desktop for mac, a user only gets 30 days of Technical support for free, after that the user has to pay for it.
3: only Three User License
There are only two user licenses offered from Quickbooks for mac. If the user wants to exceed the limitation, he/she can buy an additional license only.
Once you complete all the above steps regarding download, installation, and set-up you are able to use Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop for Mac to the optimum level.
This post is a cyclopedic guide to know everything about Quickbooks Enterprise for Mac. This post covers every aspect related to Quickbooks for Mac. Through this guide, a user can get to know the system requirements for QuickBooks enterprise for mac download and get to know the steps to download and then install and then set up the version on the system in different requirements. At last, this post will let you know about the limitations of the Quickbooks for Mac to make you aware of every pro and con.
In case you need any other assistance apart from this guide, or you feel hesitant to perform the above task on your own then it is advised to contact Quickbooks Customer Support experts. They are 24X7 available to assist QB users when they get stuck in a bad situation. Quickbooks Customer support serves assistance worldwide.