Are you searching for the troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks Error 12057? So, don’t worry we are here to help you by providing all information about Error 12057 and the simple ways to troubleshoot this error. In this article, we discuss resolving QuickBooks Error code 12057 in simple ways. So, you have to follow all the steps correctly and read this article till the end.
Generally, QuickBooks Error 12057 belongs to the 12000 error series that is reported by the Microsoft Win32 Internet applications Programming interface (API). However, the WinInet API is used by the QuickBooks Desktop to access the standard internet protocols like HTTP, FTP, and Gopher. Basically, these types of errors appear on your screen while the user downloading or receiving the updates.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12057
Error 12057 QuickBooks occurs when the user tries to update QuickBooks Payroll and there are some reasons including third-party security apps that may cause the error 12057 in QuickBooks Payroll.
- When QuickBooks might experience connecting with the internet due to the wrong network setup.
- Users may face many connectivity issues like misconfigured Internet Explorer settings that cause QuickBooks to display error 12057.
- The Windows Firewall and the third-party antivirus can block the QuickBooks to access the internet causing payroll update errors 12057.
- If the wrong SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) settings can cause the QuickBooks Payroll Update error 12057. firewall
- When the user account does not have a proper right of administrative to install the QuickBooks payroll updates.
- If there is a fault in QuickBooks installation and this may cause the payroll update error in the application.
- If the Intuit Payroll server doesn’t respond to the QuickBooks Payroll Request.
- QuickBooks is not able to communicate with the Intuit servers.
- The timed out internet connection means random response intervals.
- Internet packet lost which means the data failed to reach their destination.
- When the operation times out that the server response takes longer than the request made from devices.
- Firewall or the security software on your computer that blocks the communication between them.
- When the Winlnet API is unable to initialize with the standard protocols such as HTTP, FTP, AND Grapher.
Winlnet API helps the QuickBooks to access the Standard Internet Protocols to download and receive the updates that may come across Payroll Update QuickBooks Error 12057 as many other QuickBooks 12000 series error mentioned below:-
- QuickBooks Error 12001-12007.
- QB Error 12052
- QuickBooks Error 12008-12164
- QuickBooks Error 12666 – 12173, etc.
List of Error Code 12000 Series of Connectivity
The QuickBooks Error 12000series is the Windows Internet Connectivity error are reported from Microsoft Win32 Internet (WinInet) application programming interface(API).
Below is the list of the Error code:-
- 12001 to 12006- QuickBooks Desktop can’t complete the update. Users have to ensure that the internet connection is working properly and try to update later to verify whether the error has been resolved or not.
- 12007– when the QuickBooks Desktop Cannot find the IP address for the server. And ensure that the internet connection is working properly, then, try to update it later to check that the issue has been resolved or not.
- 12008 to 12164- when the QuickBooks Desktop can’t complete this update. The user makes sure that the internet connection is working appropriately. And try to update to check whether the error is fixed or not.
- 12052- if the error is a nonspecific error message which indicates the connection issue is preventing QuickBooks from downloading the updates.
The user may have internet connection issues that cause these errors. Then, try sending in safe mode to troubleshoot this error.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, open your Internet Explorer.
- Now, select Tools> Internet options.
- After that, choose the Advanced tab.
- Then, scroll down to the Security and click on the clear checkbox for the Check for server certificate revocation and check for publishers certificate revocation.
- Now, the user has to close and then reopen the Internet Explorer.
- And, minimize internet Explorer.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, you have to perform the Payroll updates again.
Verify the internet connection from the outside of the QuickBooks Desktop by opening the web browser and opening a website you don’t normally visit. If you can not see the website then there is a problem with your internet connection outside the QuickBooks.
If you see the Website then follow the below steps:-
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and select the Help > Internet connection setup.
- Then, you will see an option and click on it “ Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application access the internet” and then click on the Next tab.
- Now, go to the and select Advanced Connection Settings. And click on the Advanced option.
- Scroll down to the Security and check that Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options select.
- Then, click on the OK and Done.
- Now, check the configuration of the internet security and the personal firewall and antivirus settings.
12152 When user downloading payroll updates: this error message can occur when the Internet connectivity settings in QuickBooks are not configured correctly.
* before you want to start the configuration procedure that follows, ensure that you are connected with the internet and can access the secure site by following the below steps:-
- Open QuickBooks and select the Help > Internet connection setup.
- Then, choose the use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet. Then go to click on Next, when the second box does not open for internet settings:
- Select Start > Control Panel.
- Double-tap on the Internet option.
- Now, hit on the Advanced Connection Settings. Then click on the Advanced tab.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the setting, check that they use SSL 2.0, and use the SSL 3.0 option.
- Then, click on Ok and then tap on Done.
- At last, the user tries to update again.
*Ensure that due to the firewall the QuickBooks Desktop is not blocked.
You have to start the computer in safe mode and then download the payroll updates.
Follow the below steps to restore Advanced settings:
- Outside QuickBooks Desktop, open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools tab and then Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- At last, click on the Restore Advanced settings.
QuickBooks Desktop can’t reach the internet proxy. Then, try to update later to see the issue has been fixed or not. If still the issue is not fixed then you have to contact them who set up your internet connection to ensure that your proxy is configured correctly.
12166 to 12173
The QuickBooks Desktop can’t complete the update. Ensure that your internet connection is working appropriately and then try to update it and verify that the issue is resolved or not.
You may also like : Fix Quickbooks Won’t Open Error Quickly
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12057
To resolve QuickBooks Error 12057 there are some methods that help to troubleshoot this error, follow the below steps correctly:-
Method 1- Update QuickBooks
- Initially, you have to close the Company file.
- Then, update the Microsoft Windows Operating system.
- Reboot your system and then update completes.
- Now, open the QuickBooks without a company file opening, and then you have to update the QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Then, choose Options and check Yes enable QuickBooks Automatics updates.
- Tap on the Mark All option.
- Now, you have to choose the Update Now option followed by the Get Updates option, and wait till complete the updates are.
- Lastly, close the QuickBooks when it updates successfully.
Method 2- Correct System Date and Time
QuickBooks Update doesn’t have the date of release associated with them, the incorrect date and time can restrict the update process and can cause QuickBooks Error 12057.
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Then, adjust your system date and time from the Control Panel.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to payroll update again.
Method 3- Configure the Internet Setting
- Firstly, move to the Internet service provider home page.
- Then, open the QuickBooks Help menu and select Internet Connection Setup.
- Choose the second Radio option “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet”.
- Then, click on the Next and choose the Advanced Connection Settings.
- After that, select the Advanced tab and click Restore Advanced Settings.
- Now, click on the Apply and then hit the OK button.
Method 4- Verify and Correct your Firewall
- In firewall and Internet security add QuickBooks application, ports, and processed.
- Port 80 and 443 are compulsory to be enabled.
- There are the following QuickBooks Executable Files exe: QBLaunch.exe, QBCFMonitorServices.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, AutoBackupExe.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, FileManagement.exe, QuickBooksMessaging.exe, etc.
A firewall is being a non-intuit issue that may not entertain or support due to the variety of firewall programs that is used by businesses. So, users have to find QuickBooks ProAdvisor for bespoke support.
Method 5- QuickBooks Manual Update for Multiple Versions
QuickBooks Error 12057 can occur when multiple versions of QuickBooks are installed on a single system. For that, you have to install QuickBooks Manual Updates for all the versions.
Method 6- Configure Internet Security Protocols
- Firstly, you have to open the Program With QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Run Windows by pressing and holding Windows key+R together.
- On the window Run type cpl on the bottom left corner and then tap on OK.
- Now, open the Advanced tab and scroll down to the setting till the Security Group is found.
- After that, you have to check SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.0 and then click on the OK button.
- At last, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop and try to update Payroll again on your system.
In the above post, we discuss some methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12057. I hope all the given methods will be helpful for you to resolve this error and follow all the steps correctly. If you may face these errors again or any other error on your computer then you can visit our other articles whenever you want to fix this QuickBooks Error 12057.