|Error Name||Error 15222|
|Error Description||QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file|
|Cause||Internet Explorer is not functioning|
|Symptoms||Unable to download QuickBooks updates|
|Solution||Install digital signature|
|Applies to||Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8|
QuickBooks consists of various features but payroll steals the spotlight. Everyone can smoothly use this function in their organization for tackling various tasks. However, a minor issue can lead up to an outbreak of QuickBooks payroll. The QuickBooks error 15222 is one such issue that can stop all the ongoing work and activities within the software.
At times, it turns out to be agitating. Even the primary functions of software do not run well. But, don’t be worried as we are here to assist you through different solutions and troubleshooting methods. We only want you to go through the instructions carefully for fixing the issue.
So, let’s move in without any other kind of delay.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
The QuickBooks error 15222 comes under the group of 15XXX series. This series denotes the issues while updating or opening QuickBooks payroll. The main cause behind it is an improper network connection. That means you could not connect to the server for downloading updated files.
The error indicates the inability to register firewall software or digital signature. An incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer could be a reason to emerge the QuickBooks update error 15222.
Why QuickBooks Update Error 15222 occurs?
There are lots of reasons that trigger the QuickBooks update error 15222. Check out all of them to root out the cause.
- Malware or spyware attacks
- The user does not update QuickBooks to its latest release.
- Antivirus is blocking the QuickBooks update.
- Incorrect date and time settings.
- The user forgot to log in the Windows as admin.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222 Windows 7?
Now that you have acknowledged all the factors, it’s time to move further to kick out these factors to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks Core Data Files
Updating QuickBooks is one of the necessary solution as it modifies all the programs while adding new features. Therefore, try to update these core data files:
- QBUptdate.exe process
- Payroll.com Domains
Solution 2: A Digital Signature Certificate Installation
- To initiate, close the QB application.
- As you may not be able to locate the digital signature while opening QuickBooks.
- Then, just move towards C:\Program file\Intuit\QuickBooks\properties.
- Choose QBW32.exe on the Properties section.
- Consequently, perform a right-click on the QBW32.exe file.
- Hit the Digital Signature button.
- Also, choose Intuit Inc from the signature list.
- Click on the Details button.
- Thereafter, pick View Certificate.
- Tap Install Certificate.
- Hit Next when you see the Finish icon on the screen.
- After that, choose Finish.
- Make sure to reboot the system once you have done these steps.
- Open QuickBooks desktop for downloading updates.
- Finally, just download the update.
Also read: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Solution 3: Verify the Internet Connection
- The first action to take in this solution is to set the Internet Explorer as the Default Browser on the system
- After that, the next step is to verify the Date and Time on the system is correct or not, if not then make it correct.
- Now, check the Cipher strength, the cipher strength has to be higher than 128 encryption.
- Once the above steps completed, the user has to update the settings by selecting the Tools and Internet option.
Solution 4: Disable the Firewall and Network Protection
- Go to the Start Button and Right-click on it to choose the settings Option
- Now click on the Update and security option.
- In the next step, go to the left pane, select the Windows Security tab and click on the Open Windows security option.
- Inside the Window security, the user has to select the Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Now click on the Domain, Private, and Public Network one at a time and turn of the Microsoft Defender Firewall will all types of Network.
If the user performs all the above steps precisely as instructed above, then the QuickBooks error 15222 is definitely going to be erased.
These quick and easy solutions would help you in fixing the QuickBooks error 15222. Make sure to conduct each step wisely to fix this error. Also, don’t hesitate while asking any other questions related to the issue. You must try each solution till the problem gets resolved.