Quickbooks error 15227 is an update error that occurs in Quickbooks during the time of updating Quickbooks to its latest release or either at the time of payroll update. When this error arises on your system it can be seen by the users as an error message that appears on the display screen of your computer. This error message box holds up a message stating: Error 15227- QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you are facing the same error message on your display screen then your system is encountering the Quickbooks update error 15227 and needs to resolve this error as soon as possible. Because this error interrupts the process of Quickbooks update to its latest release.
Quickbooks is announced as the finest accounting solution software worldwide. The software is designed to handle all the complicated work on its own without any single wrong entry such as tax filing, book-keeping, inventory, and pricing management, payroll service, and much more. This software is specially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises to uplift their status in the market. This software helps all the QB users to keep their mind and hard work on the productivity and the accounting activity will be handled by this app alone.
However, the most popular and powerful software becomes vulnerable to Quickbooks error and Quickbooks error “15227” is one of the QB errors that hinder Quickbooks performance.
This post will make you eligible to understand the error in detail and the other aspects of it. Later you will get to know the methods to solve this error on your own. So, let’s hop to the topic now to avail all the information related to this error.
What is Quickbooks Error 15227?
As this post earlier said, QuickBooks protocol handler error 15227 is an error related to updating and only occurs when the user tries to update the Quickbooks to the newly released update and also occurs when the Quickbooks payroll is updating. This error hinders the updating process and the system gets shut down abruptly. The Quickbooks error 15227 emerges with an error message that can be seen when the system is unstable and the system file fails to respond or the file is missing from the place. There are oceans of reasons that activate the error. These factors are mentioned below in the next section. Check out all the reasons to know the error more closely that help you to resolve the error easily.
Why does the System Encounter Quickbooks Update Error 15227?
There are multiple factors that triggered the Quickbooks update error 15227 to emerge. Read all the major factors written below for all the QuickBooks users.
- When Quickbooks Installation is Improper and infected.
- Windows system files/QB Programs files are infected due to viruses & malware.
- If multiple programs are running at the same time.
- Corrupt or damaged windows registries.
- Server failure can also be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of Error 15227.
- Incorrect SSL configuration is also one of the reasons.
- Also, in case the windows version doesn’t support the application
- Any kind of malfunctioning of the Intuit payroll software can end up in this error code
How To Recognise the QuickBooks Protocol Handler Error 15227?
These are the signs/symptoms which indicate to the user that the system is encountering Quickbooks error “ 15227”. Recognizing the error by its signs makes the solution easy for the users. Let’s read out all the symptoms of this error.
- An error message pop up on the display screen will be the first and foremost symptom of error 15227 Quickbooks.
- When the Error occurs on the system the active program gets crashed
- The system starts collapsing frequently when the error emerges.
- The windows run sluggish or do not respond to the keyboard and the mouse inputs
- The error makes the Security app invisible or not found
- The taskbar is also not spotted when the error is encountered.
- The system often faces the Connection error appearance again and again.
Now that you have all the required information about the Quickbooks error “15227” such as the detailed definition of the error along with the factors and the symptoms to recognize the error easily. All of these pieces of information will help you to resolve the error in a simple and easy way. So get ahead to the next section where all the possible solutions are noted down.
How to Fix or Move the Error?
This section is full of different methods to revolve the Quickbooks protocol handler error 15227. It’s not necessary to apply every method on your system to move the Quickbooks error 15227 if the error gets resolved with the first or second method. The user just has to implement the methods according to the steps mentioned below on the system and see the magic. The error will completely erase the error from the system.
Solution: 1- Repair the Windows Registry
- First of all, you need to click on the Start button on the keyboard and go to the search field in the menu bar below.
- Now type Run in the Search file to open the Run Box.
- After opening the Run Box, the user is required to type “cmd” in and hit on the Enter key. A black window, Command prompt will appear on the desktop screen.
- Now the user needs to type the Regedit command on the black screen and then hit the Enter button on the keyboard.
- After that Choose a file that you want to “create a backup” for.
- After that click on the Registry Editor option
- Now go to the File menu and choose the Export option.
- After that, the user has to Save the Enlist option.
- Now select the folder you want to create a back-up.
- And then type and enter a name for the backup file in the filename text.
- After creating a name for the folder, the user is required to check the selected field is highlighted in the Export range box.
- Now Hit a click on the Save button and save the file name as .reg extension.
- Congrats.! You have successfully created a backup for the registry now.
Solution: 2- Update the Windows
Updating windows is the ultimate solution to move Quickbooks error 15227 easily, to perform this error, the user has to follow the following steps.
- First of all, Go to the Start Menu and navigate to the Search box
- Now type Update in the search box, you will see the Windows Update option in the search result, click on it.
- After that, the user has to click on the check for update option.
- If the latest released for your windows is available, will appear on the screen
- The user just has to click on the Download and install option, this action starts the updating process of the Windows.
- After the process is completed, the user has to reboot the system to apply the changes to the system.
Solution: 3- Update QuickBooks desktop
- To update the Quickbooks in order to resolve the Quickbooks error 15227, first, you have to Open the Quickbooks desktop on your system
- Now navigate the mouse to the Help icon top-right of the desktop, click on it to open.
- Now click on the Update Quickbooks option there.
- After that, you will see a drop-down option, from that the user has to choose the desired version to update the Quickbooks
- After that Click on the Update now option, the Quickbooks Start updating.
- Once the updating process finishes, the user is required to restart the system to save the changes.
Solution: 4 Repair It Manually
When none of the above solutions works for you then it is recommended to repair the error manually, the below-written points are the actions you have to perform.
- Now, you have to run a full malware and virus scan of your device.
- Also, use Disk Cleanup to eliminate the temporary files and system junks.
- Check if your System Drivers need an update or not.
- You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Quickbooks software. Conduct a system checkup using a Windows system file checker.
- If your operating system is outdated then you have to install the latest version of your operating system.
The above-written solutions are here to resolve the Quickbooks protocol handler error 15227 easily. These methods are powerful enough to erase the error from the system if performed correctly. Hopefully, these solutions help you out to resolve the error, but before applying any of the methods, you have to create a backup of your files before performing these methods to avoid any kind of data loss.
If you are still facing this error after applying these methods, you are recommended to contact a Quickbooks customer expert for further assistance. They are 24X7 available to assist you in any circumstances.