Quickbooks error 1904 is the most common error often encountered in Quickbooks by its users while installing or upgrading Quickbooks on the system. If you are installing Quickbooks for the first time on your computer, you might encounter the error 1904 Quickbooks, or if you are facing this error right now then you are in a right place to resolve this error.
This post is all about Quickbooks error 1904 and how to resolve it without any hassle. But before going further with this error, first, let’s take a quick tour about what Quickbooks?
Undoubtedly, Quickbooks is an amazing accounting software pack developed and marketed by Intuit. The remarkable performance of Quickbooks makes it a more trustable platform for millions of small and medium-sized enterprises. This software is used by their users from all across the world to maintain their business books and support their business to grow high. This software single-handed all the intricate activities of book-keeping and accounting that includes payroll, record transactions, create estimates, track sales and expenses, manage customers, customize receipt, collaborate with accountants, and much more. This software can integrate with other apps like PayPal and Shopify to ease your payment mode. This means it’s a complete solution to all your business requirements.
To continue all of these features from Quickbooks one has to install it on their system or one who has it already, has to update it from time to time with its latest release to avoid any other error and issues. But sometimes it is shown that when the user tries to install or update the Quickbooks, an error occurs and interferes with your installation process. It’s nothing but QuickBooks error 1904.
A Brief Introduction of Quickbooks Error 1904
Quickbooks Error 1904 error is commonly encountered in QB Desktop when Quickbooks is failed to installed or there’s any glitch in updating the software. It also occurred when the user is upgrading the version of Quickbooks from Pro to Premier. This error is closely related to the Microsoft components required to install and run QuickBooks on Windows. Most often damaged Microsoft Visual C++ files trigger QuickBooks error 1904 during installation. You might also notice this error after switching to a new Windows OS for example Windows 10 installation on a Windows 8 computer.
When this error occurs in the system an error message box is displayed on the computer screen with a message stating: “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (X86)\QuickBooks 2018\ICWrapper.dll” failed to register”.
Why Error 1904 Quickbooks Emerges in Quickbooks?
There are several reasons for the emerging Quickbooks error 1904 while updating or upgrading or installing the Quickbooks. Along with the damaged Microsoft component, there are many more factors that support this error to emerge and our system screen flashes error 1904 module failed to register Quickbooks.
- Installation of a new Windows operating system.
- Damaged QuickBooks installer file.
- Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop application version.
- Some Windows security applications are interrupting QuickBooks installation.
- The user is not having the required permissions for installation on Windows.
Now that we have acknowledged all the factors that might be a reason to trigger the Quickbooks error 1904 module failed to register. It is very important to know the reason before attempting any method to resolve the error because it helps the user to understand the nature and type of the error more closely. So, let’s get ahead to the solution section to get rid of this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904?
There are different kinds of methods to resolve Quickbooks Error 1904. Here we disclose all the solutions with detailed steps to ease your path towards determining the error
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool is specially designed to resolve installation errors while updating, upgrading, or installing Quickbooks on the system. It is the most effective and efficient solution to rectify the Quickbooks error 1904 module failed to register and also first and foremost recommendation from every expert. So let’s start this without taking any longer. Do follow the steps to complete the task.
- Go to the official site of Intuit to download the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool
- After the downloading procedure is completed, save the setup file on your device.
- Now go for the installation process of the tool on your system through QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- Now, open the QB Install Diagnostic Tool by clicking on its icon.
- Now select the file you want to diagnose with this tool
- Now hit the enter button, the tool starts determining the error through the scanning process. (this will take some time to complete)
- After completing the scan process, restart your system
- Now check whether the error still persists or not. If the error is still encountered then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Resolve the Error Manually
Follow the following steps to apply the solution to the error to resolve it on your own.
Step A: Activate the admin account
- Go to the Start button on your screen
- Now, go to the search file and programs search box and type CMD in the search field.
- Right-click on the CMD file at the top of the list and click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Now on the command prompt page, type command net user administrator /active:yes
- After that, hit the enter key on the keyboard
- In case, if any of the error messages pop-up on the screen then type the command net user administrator /active then hit the enter key on the keyboard.
Step B: Switch to built-in Administrator Account
- Now press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button together to open the switch tab on the device
- Now select the Switch User Windows 8 users and then click on the windows button.
- After that, choose the user icon on the right upper side of the display
- Now again press the ctrl+Alt+Delete button altogether and choose the default Administrator account icon.
Step C: Hide the Built-in Administrator Account Again
- Click on the Window button on the keywords to open the Menu Bar
- Now go to the search field and type CMD in it and search for it
- After that, hover on the option CMD/command prompt/cmd.exe and right-click on it
- Now choose the Run as Administrator tab
- Now a black screen namely the command prompt screen opens up, the user needs to type net user administrator/active:no command in it and then hit on the Enter key.
Step D: Change Installation directory security Setting
- Go to the C: Drive and follow the path C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Now hover and right-click on the Common Files folder & select the Properties tab.
- After that, select the Edit icon under the Security tab, & now choose the Users under the Group or user names icon.
- After completing the above steps, go to the Permissions for users tab, and allow for the following permissions:
- Read and Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Now choose the Apply option and then hit the OK button.
Step E: Install Quickbooks again
- Go to the official site on Intuit and download the desired version of QuickBooks by following all the instructions and fulfilling all the queries.
- Now, after a successful download of Quickbooks accounting software, the user needs to switch to the original user login.
Now you successfully completed this step to resolve the Quickbooks error 1904 module failed to register. You have to perform all of these manual steps very precisely and carefully. Do not skip any step intentionally or unintentionally, because every step holds up very small details that help to resolve the error 1904 Quickbooks from the system.
Regarding all the solutions, I hope this post will help you to get rid of the Quickbooks error 1904 from your system. As the above paragraph mentioned earlier about this error, that only occurs when the user tries to install, update, or upgrade the version of Quickbooks accounting software. Basically, it is an installation error. Besides this information, this post also informed the reader about the causes that point out the error to emerge. After all the information related to the particular error, this post will take you to the solution section, where you will get to know different methods to erase the Error 1904 Quickbooks. The above-mentioned solutions are very precise to erase this particular error from your system but it is recommended to apply Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool before applying any of the other intricate methods. As the QB Install Diagnostic tool is made for erasing installation error from Quickbooks. So it would be great for you to use this before any manual task. If you are unable to redeem the error after attempting all the above-mentioned solutions then you should try and contact Quickbooks customer support experts. They are 24X7 available to help you out from any difficult situation. They will give you a very precise solution to resolve the error as they have years of experience in resolving Quickbooks errors.