QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118 can bring interruptions to all over your work. The users will face a sudden shut down once receiving QuickBooks could not load license data. This outbreak leads to so many hindrances in accessing QB files. The user would not get any easy access to their accounting software.
Moreover, providing the essential credentials like license keys and codes can give rise to this error. This error occurs in different statements:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error [3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties [Error 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Many users around the world are not aware of this issue. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with a guide. Make sure to read it thoroughly to resolve issues while initializing License properties.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Error Status Code 1118?
Quickbooks error 3371 status code 1118 is a QB error encountered by several QB users while executing the software after the reconfiguration of the system for the first time on your computer. It also occurs when the QB system file which contains the license properties of the QB desktop “entitlementDataStore.ecml” gets damaged. There is a pop-up message flash on the screen that states: “QuickBooks could not upload the license data. This may be caused by a damaged or a missing file”.
For troubleshooting, note the error and type the following in a web browser window.
This error stops you from initializing License properties, due to improper shutdown or damaged files on your computer. Just click on the ‘OK’ button to close the window.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Issue Emerge?
To understand the factors that support the QuickBooks Error 3371, the user must know that the creator of QuickBooks, Intuit makes it mandatory for the user to stay the license information stored within the hard disc. In any case, if the user loses the License information or related file, all the info gets corrupted or damaged, and therefore the message of QuickBooks error 3371 popped abreast of the screen.
This error also occurs if the user attempts to clone the knowledge in C:/ Drive to a different hard disc. During this case, the user has got to delete the License file and re-type the knowledge to urge obviate this.
This is often the knowledge file that contains all the license-related data that’s stored on the hard disc. If this file gets damaged or lost somehow, the user will face the QuickBooks error 3371 status issue and therefore the QuickBooks won’t open.
Damage MSXML Component
This particular component is actually needed to run the QB accounting on your computer offered by Microsoft. By any chance, if this component got lost or damaged use won’t allow running QuickBooks Accounting software on his computer. This factor also counts as QuickBooks Error 3371.
Due to the Anti-Virus Program
If the user has installed a program on the PC or has outdated Windows OS, it also interrupts the user to open the QB accounting.
Due to Unsave Files
The QuickBooks Error 3371 can also initiate when the user tries to open the file without saving it within the first place.
These are a number of the main elements that occur the difficulty having QB error 3371. Just to require care of those points any user can prevent its system from this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
The symptoms of Quickbooks Error 3371 are the impact of the error on the system that can be easily encountered by the users in the first place. When you get to know these signs, you will get one step closure in the way of fixing this error on your own.
- The user is unable to access the accounting data on the system because the system gets crashed when the Quickbooks error 3371 error status 1118.
- An error message pops up on the screen while the error occurs.
- Because of the error that occurred the user cannot access any of the QuickBooks files
- When the error encountered in the system the mouse and the keyboard start lagging and respond late to the inputs.
How To Fix Quickbooks Error 33721 Status Issue?
In this technology-driven world, one cannot suffer any delay because of any technical errors like QuickBook error 3371 status code 11118. That’s why we came up with the solution to resolve this error with all the possible solutions.
Note: Before attempting any of the solution methods from this post, you are required to create a backup of the company file to avoid any kind of data loss.
Solution 1: Update Windows OS
As written above, that outdated or incomplete update in windows OS is often the rationale for the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. So within the first place, the user has got to update the Windows OS. To update it follow the below instruction: –
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” button
- Select “All Program” and click on on the “Windows Update” option.
- After the successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again. And now, you’re good to travel your problem has been resolved.
- In QuickBooks error 3371, most of the user sees the end in the primary solution but, in any case, you’ve got to not find the answer move further.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement file
This type of error usually arises when installation gets failed thanks to an improper method and therefore the user will face difficulties while opening files from QuickBooks Accounting software. to repair the matter follow the instruction
- To initiate, press the “Windows” button on your keyboard alongside the button “R”. this may open RUN Windows.
- After the windows open abreast of the screen, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 then click on ‘“OK” button.
- By clicking on OK, “Window Explorer” will open at that place where all the mysterious HTML files are allocated.
- Here the user can easily find the “ECML file”, take the mouse cursor on the file, and click on on the proper button, select the “Delete” option.
- Once through with that, close the Windows option.
- After thoroughly follow all the instructions, run QuickBooks, and register the merchandise again.
Now after solution 2, it’s expected that QB Error resolved, if not move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Install the newest Windows Updates
If the error still in here, follow the third solution to get rid of it with the subsequent instructions.
- Firstly, click on the “Start Key” to initiate the third solution.
- After clicking on “Start Key” click on “All Programs”.
- Then, click on “Windows update” then hit on the button shown “Check for up to date update”.
- After completion of putting in the newest Windows click on the “Finish” button to line up the QuickBooks software.
- Recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ECML file and solve the entitlement and registration resolving the matter.
- Click reinstall by performing a clean installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
- This solution comes up with a successful solution, but the error still stays try the next solution.
Solution 4: Through QuickBooks Tool Hub
Whenever the problems associated with QuickBooks haven’t resolved by the other method go straight t the QuickBooks Tool Hub to unravel this.
- First thing first, the user has got to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then Download and install the Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub on the system.
- Then attend the 4th option within the row name “Program Issue”.
- There you’ll find the 2 options, select the “Quick Fix my Program” Option.
- Hit on the “OK” button
- Now open the QuickBooks and therefore the file.
- This tool automatically fixes all the errors associated with the license, validation, and registration. If the QB error resolve, enjoy your work ahead if not then please do follow the next solution.
Solution 5: Change the Entitlement File’s name
For Windows XP user
- To resolve the QB error, click on the “Start” button then select “Run”.
- In order to identify the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file” refill the place with “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication Data Intuit Entitlement Clientv2″.
- Hit on the “OK” tab.
- Now rename the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file” to finish the method.
For Windows 7 User
- The Windows 7 users will need to initiate C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Then rename the Entitlement file.
- The software automatically creates a replacement file to rename when the user exposes the QuickBooks but just in case the user cannot find the program data folder, then follow the instruction below
- First, attend “Computer” then click on “Select Organize” then Choose “Folder” then click on the “Search” option.
- Now click on the “Hidden files and folders”
- To complete the method, attend QuickBooks to see the error 3371 resolves or not.
Hopefully, all the above methods explained in the post will help you out to fix the Quickbooks Error 3371 on your own. These methods are so simple and easy that anyone can apply them without any further issues. But in case if you want any advice in terms of resolving this error then you can contact QuickBooks customer support experts. If you think all the above methods are bit-time consuming and you may get messed up everything then you should contact them for the safe side and resolve the error. They are 24X7 available to help all the QB users around the world.