QuickBooks is best for small and medium-sized businesses and keeps verify on all the small things be it stock, account, balance, profit and losses, demand and supply, and many more. There are some errors in this QuickBooks like any other software. And in this article, we discuss QuickBooks Error 557 that occurs when downloading payroll updates after upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks.
To troubleshoot this error manually, you have to be extra careful otherwise there is a chance of losing the information and data. Below we mentioned some methods to troubleshoot this error. But before we fix this error, know some facts and causes of this QuickBooks error. Read this article till the end and follow all the steps carefully.
What is QuickBooks Error 557
QuickBooks error 557 is a common error that appears on your system when downloading payroll updates and you may receive an error message like “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. This can be applied in Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
This error may occur due to the incorrect syntax, or the command appears because of a low quota within the disk or the lack of area.
The Error information
Error name: Windows Defender Error 557
Error number: Code 557
Description: Error 557: Windows Defender has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Software: Windows Desfender
Symptoms of Error
- This runtime error occurs without warning. The error message appears on your screen Windows Defender is run.
- When the error message and other dialogue box pop up on your screen again and again if not addressed early.
- When the instances of the file are deleted and new files appear.
- It will appear due to the virus infection on your system.
- There is a sudden drop in the speed of the internet connection.
Causes of Error
- When the configuration setting has been done incorrectly then there is a chance to face error 557.
- When there is an ambiguity in the Windows system.
- The wrong input and deleting the important file from the directory.
- If malware and crashes occur on the system.
- The glitches can happen during the runtime and if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during the design and testing.
- The runtime error appears by the incompatible programs running at the same time.
- This may also appear due to the memory problem, bad graphic driver, and virus infections.
Methods to Resolve QB Error 557
Below are the following steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 557, follow all the steps correctly:-
Method 1- Restore the System
- Initially, you have to turn on the system and log in as administrations.
- From the beginning buttons, go to the program cluster.
- Now, choose the accessories possibility and go to the system restore.
- Then, a screen will appear to select to restore your system.
- After that, tap ‘on the list click a restore point’.
Now, select the recent time to restore the system.
- Now, a confirmation window will appear, click on the successive button again.
- When you click then the restoration process will start.
- Lastly, restart your system and open the QuickBooks code.
Also Read : QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Hosting
Method 2- Backup of the Record Entry
- Firstly, you have to open the system and enter the command on the search bar.
- Then, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift key and tap on enter.
- Now, a permission panel will appear, and click on yes.
- After that, the recording machine will open then enter ‘regedit’ and tap enter.
- Now, select the error 557 key in the written record.
- Then, choose the Export from the File menu.
- Go to the list in the save then choose the folder where to avoid wasting the QuickBooks backup key.
- Enter the A name for the computer file in the file box name.
- Then, make sure that to select the ‘selected branch’ is selected in the export range box.
- Hit the save button.
- Now, the file will be saved along with the .reg file extensions.
- Verify you will have a backup of your QuickBooks-related written record entry.
Method 3- Close Conflicting Programs
- First of all, you have to open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del together. You will see the list of the program that currently running.
- Then, move to the processes option and turn off the program by highlighting and hitting the End Process button.
- Now, verify at which program the error is displayed on the screen while stopping the program.
- Lastly, when you identify which program is causing the error they move to the next step.
Method 4- Conflicting Programs Update/Reinstall
By using Control Panel:
- Windows 7 Users, click on the Start button and go to the Control panel then uninstall the program.
- For Windows 8, click on the start button and then scroll to the bottom and tap on the more setting then go to the control panel and click on uninstall a program.
- Windows 10 Users, click on the control panel from the search box and tap on the result then hit the uninstall a program option.
- When enter on the Program and Features then click on the problem program and hit on the update or uninstall.
- If you select the update then follow all the instructions to complete the process. But, if you select the uninstall, then follow the instruction to uninstall and redownload or use the software installation disk to reinstall the program.
By using other methods:
- For Windows 7, search for the list of all installed programs and click the start button and scroll down to the list. You will see the list utility for uninstalling the program, then move and uninstall by using the utilities in the tab.
- For Windows 10, click on the start then settings, and select the apps.
- Now, scroll down to see the list and features installed in the system.
- Then, click the Program that causes runtime error then select the uninstall or tap on the advanced option to reset the software.
Method 5- Re-install Runtime Libraries
You may get the error due to updates, such as the MS Visual C++ package that may not be installed correctly. Then, you have to do is install the new copy.
- You have to uninstall by moving to the Program and Features, searching and highlighting the MS visual C++ Redistributable package.
- Now, click on the uninstall and then restart the system.
- Then, download the latest redistributable package from the MS then install them.
Method 6- Cleanup Run Disk
- You have to take the backup of the file and free up the space on a hard drive.
- Then, clean all the cache and restart your computer.
- Now, start the Disk Cleanup, open the explorer windows, and tap on the main directory.
- Lastly, tap on the Properties and click on Disk Cleanup.
Method 7- Reinstall Graphics Driver
- First of all, open your Device Manager and search for the graphic driver.
- Click on the video card driver then tap on the uninstall after that reboot your system.
Method 8- Runtime Error Internet Explorer
If you are getting an error from internet explorer then follow the steps:-
- Window 7 user: click on start, move to the control panel, and tap on the internet option. After that, click on the Advanced tab and tap on the reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10: click on the search and enter the internet option and go to the advanced tab and click on reset.
Disable script debugging and notification of error
- On the same internet options windows, move to the Advanced tab and search for Disable script debugging.
- Now, mark on the radio button.
- Also, uncheck the “Disable a notification about every script error” option and tap on the apply button and restart your system.
Method 9- Update Virus Protection Program or Download and Install Latest Released Windows Update
The virus infection can cause a runtime error on your system must immediately be deleted. Ensure that to update your virus program and start a thorough scan of the system and run windows update so that you will get the latest virus and fix it.
You May Like That : Don’t worry| Some Easy Steps to Resolve Quickbooks Error 15101
In this article, we discuss Explain Briefly- QuickBooks Error 557. We mentioned all the necessary pieces of information related to error 557. Hope that all the details will be helpful or productive for you and troubleshoot all the errors that display on your system. If you ever face any other issues then visit our many other posts to resolve them.