Are you facing the QuickBooks Error -6123, 0? Have you recently tried to upgrade the company file into QuickBooks Desktop or tried to restart a backup? Chances are you could not successfully restore the backup.
In this article, we will discuss the error, the causes, symptoms, and the ways to solve it. However, before that let us know about the software in detail.
What is QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
The QuickBooks Error code 6123 also known as Connection to the QuickBooks Company file has occurred due to the opening of a company file in a multi-user version of QuickBooks software. While facing the issue you might get an error code pop up message like
“QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.”
To resolve the error must be very complicated for you to resolve. It is one of the most complicated errors users face while using QuickBooks software. Before going for any solution make sure that you have disabled the antivirus software which might restrict you to efficiently perform the task.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
When the user tries to open or backup the hard disk from a multi-network server, he/she might get the error message “QuickBooks Error 6123, 0” on the display screen. In the multi-user version of the software, the user could also get the QuickBooks Error code 6123 messages as “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.” Below are a few reasons that might cause the error.
- You might have selected to block the Web Bugs filter option in the McAfee antivirus.
- The data files and folder of QuickBooks might be damaged or corrupted.
- The Windows of your device is damaged.
- Multiple versions of QuickBooks database services are running.
- The firewall security of your system might be blocking the communication between the company file and the server hosting.
- The name of the computer system on the QuickBooks company file was changed while hosting.
- The name of the QuickBook file might be saved using special characters.
- You are using the old version of the QuickBooks software.
- Due to the active privacy setting of the antivirus McAfee.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 61230, 0
If you are facing the QuickBooks Error -61230 then read the points below to ensure if you have also experienced these signs.
- The software of QuickBooks does not open.
- You might get a message of QuickBooks error 6123 0 display on the computer screen.
- The window you are currently using got corrupt.
- The whole system might stop for some moment.
- QuickBooks software does not respond properly.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error -6123, 0
If you are also facing the troubleshooting error QuickBooks error code 6123 then read the whole article very carefully. However, before starting to resolve the issue from the computer make sure that you have changed the name of the QuickBooks file and removed all the special characters from the name. When you are done with that now follow the steps below to solve the problem.
Solution 1: Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve the QuickBooks error -6123, 0.
- Run the software QuickBooks File Doctor tool after downloading it.
- Select the option, “Check File Damage Only” and then choose the option “Diagnose File” from the list.
- Enter the “Admin Password” and then click on the OK button.
- Select the option of Open File in the Newer Version or you can also click on the Repair File in the existing version.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- After completing the steps restart or reboot the PC.
Solution 2: Rename .ND along with .TLG File
If the above solution did not help you then follow the steps to resolve the problem
- Open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Select the .ND associated file of the company.
- Click right on the company file and then select the Rename option.
- Rename the file to .ND.OLD from .ND. And also change the name of .TLG file into .TLG.OLD.
- After completing the process open the QuickBooks Company File.
Solution 3: Move the Company File to another Location
If the user is not able to open the QuickBooks company file or the above two methods did not help to resolve the problem, then there is no need to panic. The host connection is being used by you and then try to copy that computer file and open it.
- Go to the saved file’s location.
- Click right on the company file.
- Select the Copy option (and not cut).
- Go to another location and simply paste the company file.
- Click on the option Open or restore an existing company by opening the QuickBooks software. And then choose the option of Open a company file and tap on Next.
- Locate the file in the next window.
- As you found out the file, highlight it and then click on the Open button.
- Now try to log in to the screen.
Solution 4: Use the Auto Data Recovery Function
Restore the .ADR copy of the company file and check whether it is working or not. There is a probability that an error might be occurring due to the corrupt file. Follow the steps below to solve the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0.
- Using Windows Explorer try to open the QuickBooks Company (.QBW) file where it is stored.
- Make the file extensions visible if they are not. Try to follow the Windows operating instructions for the Windows OS version.
- Note the date and the size of the QuickBooks Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) file and the QuickBooks Company (.QBW) file.
- Create a new folder of the Company File and name it Old Files.
- From the Company Files Folder cut the QuickBooks Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) file.
- And then paste it into the newly created Old Files folder.
- Repeat the same process with the QuickBooks Company file (.QBW). Cut the .QBW file from the Company file folder and then paste it into the newly created Company Files Folder.
- After that try to locate the file and then open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder.
- Copy the file ending .QBW.tlg.adr and then return to the QuickBooks Company Files folder.
- Paste the file into the QuickBooks Company Files folder.
- To delete the .adr file extension from the end of the file you have pasted and rename the file .QBW.tlg.adr.
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Open the Company File to scan both the .QWB.tlg files and .QBW files that you restored from the ADR folder.
- Verify and run the Data Utility. If the verification does not complete normally then try to review the QBWin.log.
- Use reports or/and register to manually verify and restore the transactions.
Solution 5: Disabled the System Security Programs
If you are using any antivirus software like McAfee then chances are that the settings of the software are blocking the interaction of the QuickBooks software with the server. Therefore, the settings of McAfee is one of the reasons behind the error 6123 in QuickBooks. Most of the time the antivirus restricts or interferes with the company file and treats them as malware or a threat to the computer. Hence the user of QuickBooks is not able to open the company file. Disable the security setting of the antivirus. Below we discuss the steps of disabling the setting of McAfee if you are using any different antivirus then follow the relevant steps accordingly.
- Open the McAfee software by double-clicking on it.
- Now tap on the Navigation link on the right top corner of the McAfee window.
- Select the real-time scanning to look at the options.
- Press the Turn off button.
- After following the above steps, choose the option “ When Do You Want to Resume Real-Time Scanning” drop-down box. You can select the seconds according to your convenience.
- Click the Turn Off button to turn off the protection.
- Tap on Done to confirm.
Solution 6: Reinstall the QuickBooks software
To follow this process you must have the product and license before resolving the issue.
- To perform the method the user needs to uninstall the current QuickBooks software from the Control Panel of the system.
- After downloading the different QuickBooks variant, try to use the version on your system or as a QuickBooks installation CD, if you have one.
- Now install the QuickBooks.
- Enter the License Number and Product ID.
- After filling in the required data you are ready to use the software.
- Try to open the QuickBooks Company file, and see if you are facing any issues.
Solution 7: Create a New Window user
Your current Windows Use Login might be damaged and corrupted, which could be damaged or corrupted. To resolve the problem try to follow the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel tab.
- Choose the option Create New User Choice in the User icon.
- Select the Administrator as the user type.
- After that Restart the device and then log in using new user credentials.
- Move the company file to the desktop.
- Try to access the company file after Opening QuickBooks.
Solution 8: Set the Proper Folder Permission
You need to go to the folder where you have saved the QuickBooks desktop company file. It should allow control to the users including the QuickBooks Database server manage user.
- Open the Start menu of Windows and select File Explorer.
- Tap the Company file folder.
- Choose the option Properties.
- Select Advanced on the Security tab.
- Look for the file QBDataServiceUserXX and choose the Edit option.
- Then set the settings to Allowed, Execute File/ Traverse Folder, Read Attributes, Create Files/ write data, Write Attributes, Write Extended Attributes, And Read Permissions.
Follow the steps if you do not have to set the permissions accurately.
- Tap on the folder that contains the company file and then choose Properties.
- Click on the Edit after selecting option Security.
- Then select the QBDataServiceUserXX file and then choose Full Control. Tap on Allow.
- Click on Apply and then tap OK.
For some specific versions of QuickBooks Desktop, the following steps might help.
- Click on the folder and then choose the option of Properties.
- Select the Everyone option on the Security tab.
- Choose the Full Control and then tap on the Apply option.
- Hit the OK button to complete the process.
For more related information related to the folder, permission visits the official website of QuickBooks.
Solution 9: Removing the Characters from the File Name
You should consider the following points to make sure that the company file name should follow it.
- The character of the Company file should not be more than 30. Less than 30 characters are recommended.
- The company File name should not have any special characters and spaces.
Solution 10: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix my program
Try to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub to solve the issue by using the Quick Fix my Program. Follow the steps below.
- Close the software QuickBooks.
- Download the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and then save the file to an accessible location.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Follow the navigation to install and also agree to the license agreement.
- Select the Program problems in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose the option Quick fix my program. The process might take some time. And if you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks then it might take even more time.
Solution 11: Restoring the Company File
- You first need to back up the file to the local hard drive.
- After that, you are free to follow the steps to restore the company file from a backup folder.
The above are a few solutions to solve the QuickBooks error -6123, 0. If you are facing a similar problem then consider reading the whole article very carefully. In case you are still facing the issue then try to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123, 0, then try to contact the Customer Care of the Intuit QuickBooks. Users can reach the technical support of the software through a 24/7 Helpline Number. Hopefully, the article was informative and helpful.