QuickBooks Error 6147 is one of the errors that came across the path of QB users when it comes to using Quickbooks company file or restoring it over a network.
Quickbooks is software that assists you in managing your accounting and book-keeping activities. Every small and medium-sized enterprise is now acquiring this accounting software as the primary needs of their business. Through this software, an accountant, an entrepreneur, a non-profitable organizer can save time on book-keeping and paperwork because many of the tasks can automatically be handled by this software and help to run the business more smoothly than before. Despite all of these qualities, Quickbooks also has some disfigurements. Sometimes, QB users may face some glitches and issues while working on Quickbooks. These flaws are known as Quickbooks errors that hinder the workflow when they occur.
If you are the one who is facing the QuickBooks error 6147 on your system then this is the right place for you. This article is all about error code 6147 0. In this post, we are going to discuss the meaning of this error along with the factors behind the occurrence and later on, we will discuss the solution to fix this error without any hassle. So, let’s get to the point without wasting much time.
What is Quickbooks Error Code 6147?
Quickbooks error 6147 0 is the most common error that occurs in Quickbooks while accessing Quickbooks company files. When the QB users try to restore the backup of the Quickbooks company file Quickbooks error code 6147 occurred along with an error message on the display screen stating:
This is not a Quickbooks Data File or There is a Problem With The Data File.
Error code -6147, 0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file.
This a 6000 series error code that notifies the users that there is some damage in the Quickbooks company file. To resolve this error the user has to rectify the damages of the QB company file first.
But before hopping to the solution, the user has to know the factors behind the error because it helps to ease the path towards resolving the error.
What are the factors Behind the QuickBooks Error 6147 0?
There are several reasons that complement the Quickbooks error code 6147 0 for the occurrence and hinders the on-going work on Quickbooks.
- When you are creating a backup of the company file through an external drive or a network drive.
- When the company file is not saved with .QBW extension
- If the .ND and .TLG file is damaged the Quickbooks error -6147 occurred
- Incorrect information on the file where Quickbooks company file is saved.
- When the user opens the Quickbooks company file with a mapped drive that might have got deleted or the path no longer exists.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error -6147?
These symptoms will notify QB users about the effects of Quickbooks error code 6147 0 on the systems.
- When the error occurred QB users will unable to access the Quickbooks Company file
- Quickbooks company file refused to create Backup.
- This error emerges with an error message in a message box that flashes on the screen.
- The active windows crash concurrently.
- When this error occurs the system starts responding slow to the mouse and the keyboard.
All the above information is essential to know for resolving Quickbooks error 6147 0. Now when you have all the above information, it’s time to move further to explore all the doable solutions to fix this error on your own.
How to Erase the Error?
We covered every possible method along with detailed steps to remove QuickBooks error 6147 from the system and let you get back to the work. Let’s check out all those methods down-below:
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
As the name suggests QuickBooks File Doctor is really a doctor for QB files in order to erase every kind of error that occurs in Quickbooks.
- First of all, the user has to download Quickbooks File Doctor from an official site on Intuit.
- Now install the software by running it on qbfd.exe after the download process is completed.
- Now run the QB file doctor over the QB File that needs a diagnosis.
- After the scanning process completes, restart the computer system.
Move Quickbooks File To a Different Location
- First of all, the user has to log in to Quickbooks software and go to the File menu.
- After that click on the Utilities option inside the File menu.
- Now the user has to look for the option Stop Hosting with Multi-user Mode in the drop-down option and then click on it.
- Now the user is required to click on the Yes button and wait for the next window to prompt.
- When a new window appeared click on the yes option along with the company file closed.
- Now restore the backup file present on the screen
- While performing this method, the user is required to ensure that the company file name is not more than 210 characters.
Download and Install Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a handy kit that resolves all kinds of installation errors or damage in the Quickbooks company file.
- Download the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website of Intuit
- After the download procedure, the user has to install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool by running the file QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- The above procedure successfully installed the tool on the system.
- After that, the user has to run the file on the tool to diagnose the error.
- After the scanning process completes, the user opts to restart the system.
- At last, check whether the Quickbooks error 6147 is resolved or not.
If the error still persists, move further to perform the next solution.
Configure Trend Micro Antivirus Setting on The System
- To start this method, first, go to the Antivirus setting on the system
- After that, the user is required to select the Ignore the Track option.
- Now overlook the main company file form here.
- After that, Open the QuickBooks company file along with pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard at the same time. This process redirects the user to the place where the data file is stored on the system.
- Now start the Quickbooks accounting software without initiating any company data file.
- After the above steps press the F2 key for a while, this will show you a pop-up on the screen with Product specification and the location of the Company file folder path.
- Now the user is required to check if the Quickbooks error 6147 0 still persists or not, if yes then try another method to resolve the error.
Rename .ND and .TLG File
Sometimes Quickbooks company file refuses to open because of too long the name of the file. So, it’s recommended to rename the company file name with the remaining the .TLG and .ND file extension. Follow the steps to do it right.
- First of all, the user is required to go to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Now right click on the transaction log file with the extension .TLG and rename it with the company file names and add old after the name i.e. Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.TLG
- Repeat the same process to rename .ND file with changing or deleting the extension code. i.e. Company_file_name.OLD.QBW.ND
- Now go to the QuickBooks Desktop to open the company file.
Rename .ADR file as a Quickbooks Working File
- At first, navigate to the folder where the QB company files are saved
- Now the user has to search the Quickbooks.ADR file
- After the click on the Quickbooks.ADR file to open, the user will see recent ADR files
- And then the user has to right-click on the recent .adr file and select the rename option
- Now rename the file extension from .adr to .qbw
Run Rebuild Utility Tool
- First, go to the File Menu and select the Utilities option there
- Inside the Utilities folder, navigate to the Rebuild the data option
- Now the user will encounter an instant pop-up window on the screen stating take company file, click on the Ok option in the window.
- If the system is showing a message Quickbooks is not responding then click on the Ok option and proceed to the Utility Tool to run.
- After commanding the utility Tool to Run, the scanning process was initiated on the system to determine the Quickbooks error code 6147.
Trend Micro Active Scan
- Go to the folder where your company’s file is saved
- Now, press the Ctrl key and then double click on QuickBooks to open it without disturbing the company’s file.
- After that choose the company file, which is probably on the top of the list of the files.
- Now a file list will open up on the screen that displays the location of the file.
- And then the user has to open the scan settings of the Trend Micro active scan. The user has to make sure to carefully select the folder and add it to the exception.
- Now the user can visit the page of Trend Micro support on the website to know how to set the exception with the files or folder.
Regarding all the above methods, I hope the error you are facing on the system might get resolved. This post is for those QB users who are facing Quickbooks error code -6147 on their system. This error hinders the workflow and unable the QB users to access the company file on Quickbooks or create a backup of the company file. This post covers all the major aspects of the error such as factors behind the error and the symptom of it. This post also covered the solution part for this error where it shows the different methods to resolve this error with a step-by-step guide. This guide eases the way for the users to prompt the solution on their system to erase the error on their own.
In case, if you are facing the same error after attempting each and every method from this post then there’s only one thing you can do to resolve Quickbooks error 6147 0. You are advised to contact Quickbooks customer support experts for a better solution. They have ample knowledge and experience in resolving QB errors, that’s why they will provide you a precise solution to erase the error.