Intuit, an American software development company has developed the most needed software, Quickbooks accounting software. All small, as well as medium-sized enterprises, are moving towards Quickbooks to maintain their accounting activity through it, because of its fruitful results. A great thing about Quickbooks accounting software is that this software is user-friendly and handles every intricate activity on its own without any fault. Every year, a new release of updates is launched by Intuit to improve its features and performance. While using it you may encounter errors like Quickbooks error 6210.
Even Quickbooks has gained immense popularity and has amazing features that help its users to maintain business activity but sometimes users get caught in some serious troubles when Quickbooks become vulnerable and stop working. These troubles initiated due to QB error and hinder all the Workflow going-on currently. These errors are always related to functional issues or technical but always removable.
Quickbooks Error 6210 is one such error that occurs in Quickbooks while using multi-user mode. This error interferes with the workflow in multi-user mode and completely crashes the system. If you are also facing this error and you are in the right palace. This post will briefly explain the solutions to fix this error in no time without hassle. Read this post carefully to the end to know the error in a better way where you will get to know factors that help the users to release the error easily and symptoms that help users to identify the impacts of the error on the system. But first thing first, let’s get to the first topic to know What Quickbooks error 6210 is.
What is Quickbooks Error 6210?
As mentioned before, Quickbooks error code 6120 0 is a multi-user mode error that occurs when the user is working on multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Additionally, this error occurs when the computer system is not good enough to work or process properly. In this condition, whenever the user tries to access the QB company file, Quickbooks error -6210 interrupts the access.
When this error occurs, it brings an error message along with itself that flashes on the screen in a pop-up box and states that
We’re Sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this helpful article on the Quickbooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)
A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file.
All the above definitions explain the conditions when this error may occur but why Quickbooks error code 6210 0 occurs in this situation. To know the answers to this question, scroll down the page and know more.
Reasons behind Quickbooks Error code -6210
Before applying any of the solutions to resolve the Quickbooks error code -6210, 0, it’s better to explore the reasons behind the error that help you fix the error and better experience. Some of the major factors are explained below, check this out.
- The first reason might be the improper installation of Quickbooks software on the system
- When the downloaded software is corrupted the if Quickbooks is downloaded from any third-party website, the error occurs.
- If the system’s Windows Registry is damaged.
- The Quickbooks error code -6210, 0 also occurs when some of the QB company files are corrupted
- The Malware and virus infection also trigger the error
- If the application or files of Quickbooks get deleted mistakenly, the error arises.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error -6210, 0
Symptoms indicate the impacts or effects of Quickbooks error 6210 on the system. By acknowledging these signs you will identify the type of error your system is facing. Some of the visible signs are jotted down, read it out.
- The Quickbooks error code 6210, 0 arises an error message pop-up on the screen staging the name of the error.
- The system get crashed running the same program on the window
- Windows starts running slow and sluggish.
- The computer responds late to the input devices such as the keyboard and the mouse.
- The system freezes for a few seconds on a regular interval.
After all the information related to Quickbooks error -6210 gives you ample knowledge to understand this error completely. Now it’s time to get ahead to the solution to resolve this error. The main reason behind the above information is to make you capable of understanding the methods easily that help you to resolve the error from your system.
Troubleshoot the Quickbooks error Code -6210, 0
Solution 1: Turn-Off Multi-User Hosting
- First of all, Go to the File option and click on it
- Now, choose the Utility option there
- Inside the Utilities, Click on the Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access option.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG file
This solution is only applicable when the user is using the Quickbooks single-user mode.
- First, press the Windows + E keys together on the keyboard to open the Quickbooks Installation directory.
- Inside the QB Installation directory, navigate to the company file with .TLG extensions.
- Now, hover on every file and right-click on them to select the rename option to rephrase the name of the files
- After that, add .OLD at the end of the name after the extension such as .TLG.OLD
- Now repeat the same process with each .ND extensions file.
- After completing the rename task, the user is required to create a new folder on the computer’s desktop
- Now copy all those renamed Quickbooks company files from the installation folder to this new folder.
- Now run Quickbooks and open the QB company file with the newly created folder.
After applying all these steps of this method did not resolve the error then move ahead to apply the next solution from this post.
Solution 3: Run Quickbooks File doctor
- First, go to the official site of Intuit, Download the Quickbooks File doctor from there, you can either download the Quickbooks Tool hub, the QB File doctor already enlisted in it.
- After completing the downloading procedure, the user has to save the setup file of the software in an accessible place in the system.
- Now run the downloaded file on the qbfd.exe file to install the tool.
- After a successful installation, the tool opens up automatically, if not then searches the QB doctor file in the search box and clicks on the Quickbooks File doctor icon on the search result.
- In the QB File Doctor use browser to browse the company File that needed the diagnosis and select it
- After selecting the file, the user needs to select the accurate option to resolve the Quickbooks error -6210 from the Show Advance Setting option.
- Select the Check file Damage only option from the three options listed in the Advanced Setting Option.
- After that, enter the admin credentials and the scanning process starts to determine the error on your system.
- The scanning process may take up some time, after the scan completes, open the Quickbooks file and check whether the error still persists or not.
If the Quickbooks doctor file failed, try the next solution written down below.
Solution 4: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This method applies when the user is working on Quickbooks Multi-user mode.
- First of all, Press the Windows + R key simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run Dialogue box.
- Now, type service.msc in the search field and click on the ok button to open the local service tab
- In the local service tab, navigate the Quickbooks database server manager service from the list such as QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB26, or QuickBooksDB29
- Now, select all the services mentioned above and then click on the restart option from the left pane
- Above step initiate the restarting procedure of all he selected service, once it’s completed, try to open the Quickbooks Company file once again to check whether the Quickbooks error code 6210, 0 is fixed or not
If the error still persists then move to the next method to erase the error.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Before installing and applying this solution to fix Quickbooks error 6210, the user must create a backup of the company file to avoid any kind of data damage.
- Go to the official site of Intuit and download the Quickbooks Clean Install tool
- After downloading the tool double click on the downloaded file to run the file
- Now, a new dialogues box is prompted on the screen, click yes to agree with the license agreement.
- After that, select the Quickbooks Version you want to install on the system.
- Now, after the above step, click on the continue button
- Lastly, use this tool to reinstall the Quickbooks accounting system and resolve the error.
Solution 6: Close all the Quickbooks Processes
- To initiate this method, log in as an Administrator on the server system
- Now, press the CTRL + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open the task manager.
- Now Go to the User tab click on it, after that click on the Show processes
- Afterward, the user has to highlight all the Quickbooks Processes such as QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe
- After that choose the End task to close all the processes
- Now, go to the Quickbooks desktop and open it in multi-user mode to check whether the error is resolved.
Solution 7: Open the Company file Locally
- The very first step in this method is to open the folder having the company file.
- After that, go to the file, right-click on it and choose the copy option
- Now go to the desktop and paste the copied file by Right-click on the desktop and click on the paste option.
- After the above process, press the CTRL key and open the Quickbooks, this action leads the user directly to the NO company Window.
- Afterward, the user needs to choose the Open or restore an existing company option from three options to end the process and return back to the desktop.
- Along with the above step spot for the company file copied and then open.
Regarding the above methods, a user can resolve the Quickbooks error -6210 on its own. All the solutions enlisted with detailed steps that ease the way of the user towards erasing the error. Along with the solution, this post also accumulates the definition, factors, and symptoms. Where the user acknowledges all the aspects of the Quickbooks error code -6210, 0.
In case if you are unable to troubleshoot the error through the help of this guide you are recommended to contact Quickbooks Customer support experts to seek help. They are 24X7 available at toll-free helpline number you can call them to ask for any kind of help related to Quickbooks.