Quickbooks File Doctor
Download the Quickbooks File Doctor and fix nasty quickbooks errors
Quickbooks File Doctor is a powerful and resourceful tool to fix any kind of error that occurs in Quickbooks accounting software. This software is the support system of accounting software in terms of redeeming the error from the company file of Quickbooks.
Quickbooks is an accounting software developed and marketed by Intuit, an American software development company, for small and medium-sized companies worldwide. With the help of Quickbooks, a businessman can maintain their accounting related work such as bill payment, create payroll, maintain profit & loss statements, send customized invoices, calculate taxes, set reminder for future payments, Track mileage of your business, and much more. There are many reasons to have Quickbooks hosting in your system cause it provides cloud-based integration, where a user can access the file from anywhere anytime and share the file with multiple users also. The cloud-based service of Quickbooks gives multiple-user access in a single hosting. Despite having so many good reasons to have there is one drawback that creates obstacles in your path to success. These obstacles are nothing but the error that occurs in QuickBooks while using it.
Users often face issues like network connectivity, troubles during company file access, Data damages, and much more. QuickBooks File doctor helps Quickbooks to resolve these errors in no time without damaging any data in the company file.
In this post, we will discuss the Quickbooks File Doctor along with what kind of error it solves and how does it works. Most importantly this post includes Quickbooks File doctor download steps in a detailed form. So without wasting any time let’s get started.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Quickbooks File Doctor is repairing software to fix the file related issues in Quickbooks such as Network Diagnostic errors, Window problem, data corruption, etc. The QB file doctor identifies and resolves the error from the Quickbooks file as soon as possible.
This a perfect handy kit for the Quickbooks user. Whenever errors occur, it is advised to use Quickbooks file doctor. This tool is the most important tool to perform troubleshooting the steps if your company file is refused to open or damaged, or not responding.
Intuit has launched this tool in 2012. This tool is made by combining two tools together one is QB Company File Diagnostic Tool (QCFD) and QB Network Connectivity diagnostic tool (QNCD). These two tools work separately for two major error issues in the company file and issues in Network connectivity respectively before the QB file doctor is launched.
Type of QuickBooks File doctor available
Upon the availability of Quickbooks File doctor, there are two types;
Built-in QuickBooks File doctor
This QBFD is coming up in-built Quickbooks version 2016 and later on, and only helps the user with data regarding problems. If there are any company file issues and error problems, a user cannot resolve that with the in-built version of the QB file doctor from Quickbooks Tool Hub.
QB File doctor stand-alone version
This is used from the server where only the Quickbooks Database manager component is installed for file hosting purposes. This version of QBFD is highly recommended to resolve any kind of error that an in-built version can not redeem.
Type of error QuickBooks File Doctor Erase
- Encountering issues while opening company file in Quickbooks desktop and having a message on the screen like;
- Quickbooks Error Error 6150
- Quickbooks Error -6000 -82
- Quickbooks Error -6000 -305
- Quickbooks Error -6000 -301
- Quickbooks Error -6147
- Quickbooks Error -6130
- If there is a blank or empty space showing in the customer list, vendors list, or employees list, or looks like the lists are missing from the Quickbooks.
- When a user is opening Quickbooks on a server or using multi-user mode and failed to connect with the company file is a Network Connectivity error, or call it H series error. (H101, H202, H303, H505 error)
- When totally damaged company files refuse to open but the sample company file or any other files are easily accessible.
If these types of errors attacking your system and interrupt your business productivity, then it’s high time for you to download the Quickbooks File Doctors Tool to get rid of all the errors. The Quickbooks File doctor download steps are mention below. Do check out all those easy and simple steps to download and install the tool on your computer.
Important Key to Note Before using Quickbooks File Doctor
- If the user already has the Quickbooks file doctor on the device, then first uninstall it and then reinstall it with the latest available update.
- If the user has Quickbooks versions 2015 or later on version, that have an in-built QB File doctor, so it’s advised to download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to exceed your limitation to resolve more errors.
- Quickbooks File Doctor is a well-functioned tool to fix an error like QB error 6000 and damage that prevents the user to open the company file. In this case, the Built-in version of Quickbooks is more precise than the stand-alone.
Learn how to use stand-alone versions as well as the in-built version of Quickbooks in the below section. Both versions are separately defined and helpful in Quickbooks.
Limitation of the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- The prerequisite QuickBooks Company File size is lesser than 2GB.
- The internet connection was obligatory to upload the company file.
- Log-in as an Administrator.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t accurately work if you have several QuickBooks versions installed on a single computer.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work on the computers installed with Database Server Manager Only (QuickBooks File Hosting Component).
How to Download Quickbooks File Doctor, Install, and the Use of it?
First of all, go to the official site on Intuit to download the Quickbooks File Doctor.
Now the user is required to open the “qbfd.exe file” to install the tool on your system.
After the installation finishes, the Quickbooks File Doctor tool automatically opens up. If the tool does not show up then go to the Start menu and click on the tool icon to open it.
In the QB File Doctor, use the drop-down list to find the company to resolve the error, or else you can also go to the browse option to search the file.
After selecting the Company file in the search bar, the user is required to select the required option in the Hide Advance Setting section placed below according to the damage and error.
- Both file damage and network connectivity
- This option is recommended to select if the user is facing both file damage and network issue in the company file
- Check File Damage Only
- This option is for placed to select when there’s only file damage issues such as ( -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) are encountered.
- Check Network Connectivity only
- This option is recommended to select when there are Network connectivity errors like H202, H303, or H505 error.
Enter the Admin password when prompted. You will see an option to update your file to the latest version if you are using QuickBooks 2011 or an older version.
- Note- Upgrading is optional, you can move further by clicking on “Next”. It is recommended not to upgrade the QB version in the first attempt. You can update it once the repair is done.
At last, the Quickbooks File doctor starts scanning the error that takes some time.
- While scanning the error, QB File doctor finds the error and diagnose it on its own
If the repair is successfully done then you will get an option to open your repaired file directly from the tool. For users with multiple versions of QuickBooks, the tool will ask which software version needs to be opened.
- Note- if the tool says the repair was unsuccessful, reopen the QB file and check if the problem is gone or not.
When the errors are redeemed, you can close the QB file doctor tool and try to open the Quickbooks Company file.
Basic Information About Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
- It works in US, CA, and UK versions of QuickBooks.
- It is used for file and data repair. For this purpose, it isn’t necessary to install QuickBooks.
- It is used for network and diagnosis repair.
- The built-in QBFD supports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2003-2012
How to Use Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor?
Internal File Doctor detects the error and launches itself automatically. It has a simplified version; you only need to hit the Start option to run the tool and fix the issues. The rest of the processes are as same as the stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Launch QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- Click on the File menu first,
- Then navigate to the Utilities option in the File menu.
- Then click on the Repair File and Network Problems option to launch QBFD.
- Click on the Browse option to select the company file that needs diagnosis and Repair and click on the Open button.
- Under the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu, select the type of fix you want your file to undergo and Next. Just like the stand-alone version.
- Enter the correct user name and password of the Administrator for the company file then select the Next option.
- Now your file is in the process of diagnosis and repair
- After the successful diagnosis process, try to open the file.
Hopefully, with the help of this blog on the QuickBooks File doctor, you have got a complete understanding of what QB File Doctor is and what type of error can be fixed by this tool. Also, it has given you the step by step guidance on how to fix QuickBooks issues with the QB doctor tool. Furthermore, note key points in the write-up will provide you the information on what you need to do before using the tool. The steps to use the tool will give you the knowledge of how you will use file Doctors more effectively. If there is anything that is not prompted in this post or you just hesitated to diagnose the error on your own with the help of this tool, you are advised to contact Quickbooks Customer support experts for further assistance.