QuickBooks is the most used software in the world. People have been using it for tackling various accounting tasks. But, very often there comes several errors such as QuickBooks has stopped working. You can get into the post below to know more about this error and its troubleshooting solutions. Here, you will be provided not only the causes and symptoms but also the troubleshooting solutions. So, now, without wasting any more time, move into the post below and learn how you can fix this error.
An Instant Brief of QuickBooks has Stopped Working
Well, it is the most common error that can interrupt your working procedure. It often comes with an error text that states “A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.” The issue may irritate you now but it will be quickly fixed when you conduct the best solutions to troubleshoot it. Now, let’s move ahead and learn how this error appears in the system.
What Reasons Bring QuickBooks has Stopped Working
There are lots of causes and reasons that bring this irritable error issue. It is really essential to know each one of them. So, read ahead and learn these pointers.
- QuickBooks desktop when it does not function properly or freezes in the middle can bring this error into the system.
- The name of the company file is too large and thus brings lots of hindrances through crashing.
- The QBWUSER.INI file stored on the desktop is corrupted and damaged.
- When the program file becomes corrupted and damaged.
- Windows operating system becomes damaged because of some outdated files.
- Use a corrupted hard drive that is connected to your device.
- QuickBooks desktop gets stopped in the middle of the operation.
The user needs to root out all of these causes in order to eradicate this error. With the solutions below you can do it easily. Now, move into the symptoms below to detect the error issue.
How to Identify This Error
The symptoms are the consequences of the error issue. They occur because of the presence of such hindrances. You can check out the pointers and experience if your system also shows the same signs or not.
- Problem while accessing the QuickBooks desktop.
- QuickBooks software stops in the middle of the work and gets frequent crashes.
- Repeated messages from QuickBooks have stopped working.
- Without any relevant cause or reason, the OS system shuts down.
- Facing problems while receiving any input command in your device.
So, these are the major symptoms of QuickBooks that have stopped working. These symptoms will automatically get disappeared when you finish the troubleshooting solutions. So, let’s move below and conduct this step-by-step guide.
Here are the Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks 2021 is not Working
Well, we have understood how this error appears, so, in order to eradicate it from our devices. It is essential to conduct some solutions that will easily fix and resolve this error. So, let’s proceed ahead and learn how you can get rid of the error issue.
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Start the procedure by shutting down the QuickBooks software.
- Download the QuickBooks refresher tool in the next step.
- Just place this file on the computer.
- In the next step, you need to click on the Run tab.
- After completing the downloading process, the user needs to run the QBRefresher tool.
- Tap on the option Fixes my QuickBooks.
- The tool will now run on its own and resolve the issue.
- Finally, just open your software and check if you still get the same issue or not.
You May Also Like: Resolve QuickBooks Sync Manager Error- Easy Steps
Solution 2: Provide a Different File Name to QB.INI
- The user needs to rename the .ini file.
- It will clear and delete all the rundown records.
- Make sure that you access the organization file.
- After that, just alter the file name.
- In the next step, the user needs to alter the name of the Entitlement file that is DataStore.ecml.
- Once done, make sure to restart the computer.
- Try to access the QuickBooks desktop again.
Solution 3: Access the File from a New Folder
- Initiate the procedure by pressing the Windows + E button together.
- You will get a new window.
- Move towards the data file that has .qbw extension.
- Once done with that, perform a right-click on the file and choose the Copy option.
- Also, you need to go to C:drive.
- Make sure to make a new folder there.
- Try to rename the folder as QBTEST.
- You need to now paste the data file in the said folder.
- Once done with that, make sure that you access the tab named Open or Restore an Existing company.
- Now, just choose the QBTEST folder.
Solution 4: Run Quick Fix My Program
Quick fix my program is an instant solution for your QuickBooks that has stopped working. You can move into the steps below to know how you can fix the solution by using this tool.
- Initiate the procedure by closing and shutting down the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- After that, just place the file on the folder which can be easily accessed.
- In the next step, just access the downloaded file.
- You need to proceed with the on-screen guidelines to install.
- Make sure that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Go to the tool hub icon located on the Windows desktop and double-click on it.
- When the whole process becomes done, just access the tool hub.
- Now, you need to use Quick Fix My Program, for that move towards the Program Problems tab of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Consequently, select the Quick Fix my Program.
- When it starts running, you have to sit there for a while. After completing the scanning procedure, just access the QB file placed on the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Update Windows 10
- The user needs to start the procedure by moving towards the Control panel.
- Now, choose Windows Firewall.
- Once done with that, tap on the advanced settings option.
- In the next step, you need to choose outbound rules.
- Thereafter, tap on the New Rule tab.
- Click on the Program checkbox.
- Hit the next tab in this step.
- When you are done with the said steps, then move towards the check this program path tab.
- After that, try to copy the place where QuickBooks is located.
- Make sure to choose another option named Block the connection.
- Tap on public, private, or domain checkboxes now.
- In the last step, you need to rename and hit the Finish icon.
Solution 6: Build a New Windows Admin User
If the cause behind the error is damaged windows installation then move towards the step below and learn how you can easily eradicate this error.
- Begin the process by hitting the Start tab.
- After that, just access the Control Panel.
- Now, you need to move your cursor towards the tab named Add or Remove User Accounts, Link.
- In the next step, tap on the Create A New Account appearing under the Manage Accounts dialog box.
- You need to enter your account name.
- Also, choose the tab named Create Admin account.
- Once done, just select the Create Account tab.
- In the last part, you need to access the company file through your new admin account.
- Make sure to examine the error issue.
Solution 7: Run and Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- The user needs to start the solutions by downloading the QuickBooks System Repair Tool.
- Make sure to save the file where you can easily access it.
- It would be better if you placed it on your desktop.
- Once done with these steps, you need to shut all the programs that are working in the background.
- Thereafter, just run this tool.
- You need to now find and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- When the whole procedure becomes done, just try to spot the company file.
- In the end, you need to hit the Continue button to carry on with the rest of the procedure.
- This procedure will take 20 around minutes.
- In the end step, just restart the system when the scanning procedure becomes completed.
Solution 8: Clean Install Tool
Clean Install tool renames the old installed folders that will help you to add new install files while doing reinstallation. Get into the steps below to conduct the procedure.
- Try to access the tool hub.
- After that, select the tab named Installation issues.
- Hit the Clean Install tool.
- Also, press the OK button.
- In the next step, the user needs to click on the QuickBooks and product versions.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- In the last part, click on the OK button.
- Just tap on the text named “Please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location.”
Solution 9: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, the user needs to access the QuickBooks tool hub on the system.
- Once done with that, just choose the Installation issues.
- Now, you need to move towards the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and choose it.
- The tool will run on its own for about 20 mins.
- It can be a little longer depending on the size of the company file.
- When the scan process becomes completed, try to examine the issue.
- You can also reboot your system to save changes.
These are the 9 best solutions that you can conduct for eradicating QuickBooks that have stopped working. We wish that the article has worked in your favor and the issue has been resolved. Make sure to conduct each step carefully.