You are using Quickbooks company file and suddenly you encounter an error stating a message on the screen “We are sorry. Quickbooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code Missing name List Problem.” If the exact same error message flashes on the screen then you are facing a “QuickBooks missing name list problem“. Do not panic, this type of error is easily removed from the system with some methods that you have followed.
As we all know QuickBooks is accounting software that assists its users to maintain their accounting and book-keeping activity. The user-friendly interface with a Cloud-based server makes it more standalone software among others. But have you ever come across the problem of being unable to access the Company file? Quickbooks missing name list problem is one of the errors that create troubles for the user to access the QB company file. If you notice this error, then you are on the right page where you get to know more about this error and multiple solutions to resolve this error from the system. So let’s get ahead with the first and foremost question What really the error means?
What is QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
Missing name list problem Quickbooks occurred when a user could not find any name in the Quickbooks name list. This problem arises due to some technical glitches in Quickbooks. These glitches make the Quickbooks company file name disappeared from the list. Some of the frequent lists where this error comes from the vendor lists, customers lists, or another name list. The main reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks missing name list problem that doesn’t allow Quickbooks to open is that this is an internal database error.
Reason of Quickbooks Error Missing Name List Problem
There are several reasons behind the Quickbooks error missing name list problem, some of the major ones are listed here:
- When the system file or Windows has been damaged.
- Improper shutdown of the computer could be another reason behind this error
- It might be possible that Antivirus or malware installed on your system may trigger this error occurs
- An incomplete installation of Quickbooks software could be a reason
- When QuickBooks company files get corrupted somehow.
All the above pointers signify the reason that may trigger the Quickbooks error missing name list problem to arise. There is nothing that can’t be fixed so is this error. Let’s check out the solution to fix it on your own.
Solutions to fix “Missing Name list” QuickBooks
To resolve this error you are required to follow the below methods as per the given step-by-step guide.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is a tool that erases every error related to Quickbooks company file, whether the company file refuses to open or there is any damage or bug in the QB company file.
- To run Quickbooks File Doctor on the system, you are required to download it from an authoritative site such as Intuit.
- After that run the download file on qbfd.exe to install it on the system.
- Now open the QB file doctor by clicking on its Icon.
- Inside the File doctor, locate the company file in the list option
- Now, click on the Diagnose File tab
- After that, you are required to type-in Admin Credentials
- Now, you are required to follow the on-screen information to reinstate your file.
- At last, restart your system to apply the changes to it.
Use Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery to Arrange Misplaced Data
To resolve the missing name list problem in Quickbooks the user is required to use Quickbooks Auto data recovery on the system. Through this tool, a user can repair the files that need a diagnosis and provide you back error-free files. This service is applicable on Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions of Quickbooks.
Restore the Backup of the Company file
Restoring a backup of the company file allows the user to restore the previous data and re-enter the transactions to this file. Do follow the below steps to apply the methods to the system
- First, open a file list of choices and then click on the open or restore company option.
- Inside that, click on the restore a backup copy and then hit the next button
- Make sure that you chose the local backup option and then click on the next option.
- Now select a location for the backup file from the option list.
- After that, you have to opt for the extension .qbb for the backup file.
- Now just click on the open button and then tap on the Next option again.
- After the above steps, you are required to save the list of choices. And make sure to select a location for the restored file.
- Now, type in a name for the folder.
- Click on the Save button and then cautiously skim through and reply to any notification that shows up on the computer screen before the restoration process starts.
The above-written post is a complete guide to remove the QuickBooks missing name list problem from the system. This guide informed you about this error along with the reason behind the error occurrence. Lately, we discussed the solution to resolve this error without any hassle. These solutions are so easy, you can perform them on your own without taking any help from any technical person.
In case you don’t want to involve yourself to get in the solution part and resolve the error on your own, you can just take help from QuickBooks customer support executives. They are highly trained to resolve QB errors with a precise solution. You can contact them anytime as they are 24X7 available worldwide just to assist each and every QB user.