Quickbooks is an amazing software to handle all the book-keeping and accounting work for any small and mid-sized business. This software is developed and marketed by an American software development company Intuit. The basic concept behind this software is to support small and medium-sized enterprises all over the world in maintaining their business-book. Quickbooks can perform many tasks such as payroll, record transactions, create estimates, track sales and expenses, manage customers, customize receipts, collaborate with accountants, and much more.
Regardless of all these features, Quickbooks users often encountered many errors while performing any task on Quickbooks company file or performing any updating procedure of QB application. These are errors stopped the users to perform any task and harm your system too. Some of the errors that are commonly shown in Quickbooks are; QB error 1721, Qb Error 3371, QB error H202, QB Won’t Open error, Quickbooks Error ps077, QB error 9999, etc.
Today we will discuss the Quickbooks Payroll error ps077. This post will make you understand this error and the reason behind its occurrence in Quickbooks. So, without wasting any time, let’s get head to the point.
What is QuickBooks Error ps077?
Quickbooks error ps077 occurs when the user tries to download payroll updates for Quickbooks. This is the most common error encountered by any user in Quickbooks. When the Quickbooks payroll error ps077 occurred an error message box pop-up on the display screen with the message “Quickbooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update”.
These types of errors will enable the user to update the Tax-Table but blocked the further way to proceed to the next step. While operating QuickBooks if you face any prefix PS error it is indicative of Quickbooks payroll update error.
How does Quickbooks Payroll Work?
QuickBooks Desktop uses tax tables to calculate payroll. The user is required to have a subscription to one of the Intuit Payroll Services such as QuickBooks Basic Payroll, QuickBooks Standard Payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll, or QuickBooks Assisted Payroll to get the tax tables to use with your own QuickBooks company data file. It calculates each employee’s gross pay and then calculates taxes and deductions to get the net pay. QuickBooks keeps track of all your tax liabilities so that you don’t miss out on them while including them in the calculations.
While downloading the Quickbooks payroll update, the user may face the ps077 Quickbooks error that blocks the user to use the Quickbooks. You can easily redeem this error by performing some simple methods but before hopping to the solution, one must know about the reason behind the ps077 Quickbooks error that occurs while updating Quickbooks payroll.
The Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error ps077
There are several reasons behind the Quickbooks Payroll Update Error ps077.
- When Quickbooks is unable to read the information registered to software.
- If the billing information in payroll is incorrect.
- When Quickbooks payroll or some of its components damage the tax-table files.
- If the Billing information is outdated
- If the Quickbooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Quickbooks software is not registered.
Symptoms of Quickbooks ps077 Error
These symptoms/signs will inform the Quickbooks payroll users that the system is facing the Quickbook ps077 error and the user has to perform solutions to resolve this error.
- You are unable to update the tax table.
- Users are not able to download Payroll updates.
- QuickBooks starts hanging now and then.
- The computer starts performing slowly.
- QB Error PS077 messages come to the screen
Points to Remember Before Performing Quickbooks error ps077
- First of all, check and verify that the user has only one QuickBooks software in your system
- Check and validate the QuickBooks Payroll subscription
- Repair the software to avoid or correct the problems in your account
- Your payroll account should have the correct billing information
- Before the update, upgrade, or, repair of the Quickbooks company file take the backup of the company file.
- Also, update the QuickBooks desktop account to the latest version.
- You have to authenticate the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Check if the billing information mentioned in the payroll account is correct.
How to Solve the Quickbooks Payroll Error ps077?
The user is required to perform these below-mentioned solutions to resolve the Quickbooks ps077 error in Quickbooks payroll.
Solution 1: Close All Opened Payroll Windows
In the first solution, the user has to perform the following steps;
- First, log out from the Quickbooks account
- After that, make sure not a single window in your payroll system is open, so close all the windows in the first place.
- To verify all the windows are closed open the task manager by clicking the Ctrl+alt+Delete key together.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop again and try to download the Quickbooks payroll.
If the Quickbooks payroll starts downloading then you are good to go for further work but if the error still persists, then move to the next step.
Solution 2: Update Quickbooks Desktop
The next solution includes some steps to resolve the Quickbooks payroll error ps077.
- Open the QuickBooks accounts and check the QB License. The user should have the latest updates for the QB version.
- Now verify the details like billing information dates available on the QuickBooks payroll service account information.
- Go to Files and click on the Utilities option to verify and create the QuickBooks Data.
- For users having Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, you need to switch off the UAC and after that, you need to try downloading the QB payroll updates.
If this solution resolves the error then enjoy using the Quickbooks payroll, if not then go for the next method.
Solution 3: Re-install Quickbooks Desktop Version
In the third method to resolve the Quickbooks error ps077 the user has to perform these simple steps in two different cases:
- If the user is using a single version of Quickbooks
- If the user is using multiple version of QuickBooks
Case 1: Single Version Quickbooks
If the user is having a single version of Quickbooks in his/her system then he/she doesn’t have to perform any other method to resolve the error just follow these steps, the error will redeem itself.
- Create a backup of the Quickbooks company file
- Check and close all the Application running in the background
- Now open the Run Window in your system, the following steps to open run in your system whether you are using
A: Windows 8
- Go to the Windows System Tab.
- Now, Click and open the Start Screen.
- Right-click the option background to all apps.
- Finally, select the Run option.
B: Windows 7 and XP
- Click on the Start button if you are not logged in as the administrator.
- Now, go to the All Program option and select Accessories.
- And then, click on the Run option.
C: Windows Vista
- Click on the Start button
- And go to the search field
- Now, enter Run, and hit the enter button on the keyboard.
Now when the Run option prompted on your screen
- Now in the open field type control and click on the ok option, the control panel is now open.
- Now, go to the programs and feature option and double-click on it.
- After that, a list of all program installed in you multiple version of Qukcbooks will open up
- Nw, select those Quickbooks Desktop programs you want to delete
- Click on the change/remove option or in vista, you will see uninstall/change option, click on it
- Now the Quickbooks desktop installation Wizards open
- After that, click on the Next button after selecting the Remove option.
Case 2: Multiple Version Quickbooks
In the second case scenario, if the user is having Multiple Versions of Quickbooks in his/her system then perform a clean installation process of the Quickbooks desktop version. Follow the steps to complete the process.
- Reset the Quickbooks update for multiple versions of Quickbooks after uninstalling all the additional Installations on your system.
- Now, the user is required to download the latest payroll tax table
- Re-sort the list, and then use the verify Data/rebuild data Process (rebuild data only if required)
- Now, perform a Clean Uninstall/reinstall in selective startup mode.
Regarding all the above information on Quickbooks payroll error ps077, this post will surely help you out to get rid of this error from your system and make your work progressive. In this post, you will find the intro of Quickbooks error ps077 and then there’s a column for how to use payroll in Quickbooks. The content above will tell you that this error often occurred in Quickbooks when the user tries to update the Quickbooks payroll to its latest release. Furthermore, the reader will be informed about all the factors behind the occurrence of this error and their respective solution in a different manner. All the solutions are covered with multiple steps to ease the resolvent process to the users. Despite that, if any of the users failed to remove the error, then it is recommended to contact Quickbooks Customer support experts they have much experienced in resolving these types of errors from Quickbooks.