Convert Quicken To Quickbooks
Transfer data with successful Conversion from Quicken To Quickbooks.
If you have an account on Quicken but for some reason, you want to convert Quicken to QuickBooks then you can easily do that by following a few steps.
One can convert Quicken files into QuickBooks files by two methods: the user can use the “Utilities” option in the QuickBooks to convert or one can use the Quicken Converter to perform the task.
In this article, we will discuss the various ways to change Quicken to QuickBooks. However, before start conversion, make sure you have considered the following points:
- You must know that the process of the Quicken file conversion is irreversible. If you have once converted Quicken into QuickBooks, then you would not be able to reverse it again.
- Ensure that you have prepared a backup of the data before converting it to a QuickBooks file. So that if in the future you want to access the Quicken software you would have a backup option.
- If you were using Quicken on Mac, then you can not change the Mac data into QuickBooks data. You have to convert the Mac files into Windows one first, only then you can convert them into QuickBooks.
When You Should Use Quicken Converter Tool
You can easily convert Quicken files to QuickBooks using Utility. But, it is not always possible. Therefore, the users sometimes need to opt for other options like using a convertor.
- If the version of Quicken software is not the same as the version of the QuickBooks software, then the user would not be able to convert the file into QuickBooks.
To understand it better, let’s say you want to convert a Quicken 2017 file into QuickBooks 2019 version, in that case, you would need a converter to perform the task.
- If the user has the same version of both Quicken and QuickBooks, then he/she can easily convert the Quicken files into QuickBooks.
- But if you want to convert Quicken for Mac files then neither “Utilities” nor Quicken Converter can help in conversion. You have to first convert the Quicken Mac files into Quicken Windows files.
Now we will explore the two methods of converting a Quicken file into QuickBooks.
How to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks with Utilities
The below are a few steps you can follow to convert Quicken files to QuickBooks using the in-built option ‘Utilities.’
- Open the QuickBooks software and go to the “File” option on the search bar.
- Click on the “File” option and search for the option “Utilities” in the drop-down menu.
- As you will click on Utilities, the fourth option will be “Convert.” Click on it.
- The click will lead you to another drop-down menu with different options like, From Quicken, From Peachtree, From Microsoft Small Business Accounting, and From Microsoft Office Accounting. Select the option, “From Quicken.”
- Locate the Quicken file and open it with the file extension (.QDF) on the computer.
- After that just follow the instruction provided by the Conversion Utility for a successful conversion process.
QuickBooks ➡️ File ➡️ Utilities ➡️ Convert ➡️ From Quicken ➡️ (.QDF) File Extension ➡️ Guided Instruction
If the above-discussed steps were not helpful to convert your Quicken file to QuickBooks or you want more details about the Conversion Utility, then press F1. After the click, you can access the Help window. Type “convert from Quicken” to know more about the process.
How to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks with Quicken Converter
The user has to use Quicken Converter when the version of Quicken he/she is using is different from the QuickBooks. The following is a stepwise guide to make the job easy for you.
- To start the conversion process, you first need to download the same version of the Quicken Converter as the QuickBooks Desktop you are using. You can easily get the software from the official website of Intuit. To download the latest 2021 version of the Quicken Converter click on Quicken Converter 2021.
- After completion of the downloading. Look for the file on the screen and open it.
- As you open the downloaded application, it will ask you to accept the Terms and Conditions, select the “Accept” option.
- Select “Next” to start the installation and click on “Install.”
- The software will start installing.
- Once the installation procedure is completed, select the option “Finish.”
- Now to start the conversion process, choose I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows. And then click on the “Get Started” button.
- You are now ready to convert your Quicken files to QuickBooks. Browse the files on your device by selecting the option “Open a data file located on this computer.”
- Choose the Quicken file with (.QDF) file extension. And click on “OK.”
- Look for the “Convert it!” option, select it, and then click on “OK.” The step will take you one step closer to the migration of the data from your Quicken files to QuickBooks.
- Now to save the new Quicken Data File (.QDF), choose the option Save, and click on Exit.
Download Quicken Converter ➡️ Accept T&C ➡️ Next ➡️ (After Installation) Click on Finish ➡️ Select “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows” ➡️ Press Get Started ➡️ Choose (.QDF) file ➡️ Select Convert Option ➡️ OK ➡️ Save the file ➡️ Exit.
How to Convert Quicken Mac File to Quicken Windows File
Some data may lose during the conversion. Always make sure you have a back-up file to review the converted data.
- Open the Quicken Mac file 2015, 2016, or 2017.
- Choose the Quicken files you want to convert.
- Click on the “Export” option.
- The above step will convert the Quicken Mac file into a Windows file after the name Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF).
- Save the (.QFX) file.
- Move the saved file (thumb drive, CD/DVD) to your PC running Windows.
- Open the Quicken software for Windows.
- Choose the ‘File’ option. And click on the “New Quicken File.”
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Enter New Name and press “OK.”
Can we convert Quicken files to QuickBooks online?
- You can’t. However, you can convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. So first change the Quicken files to QuickBooks Desktop and then go for online conversion.
- Or, if you want to convert Quicken files to (.CSV), then import the file into QuickBooks Online.
How to convert Quicken files to (.CSV)?
- Open the file.
- Click on “Export.”
- Select the “Export to CSV file” option.
- Choose a location and Save.
We tried to explain all possible ways to convert the Quicken files into QuickBooks. In this article, we discussed the steps of using Utilities and also the Quicken Converter tool. Hopefully, it would help you to solve your queries.Also Read, How to fix Quickbooks Won’t Open Error.