Quickbooks error 12031 occurs while refreshing the QuickBooks software or payroll. If you are facing a similar error then read the whole article.
Nowadays, almost every company acquiring Quickbooks because of its ultimate features and user-friendly interface. This software is specially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises worldwide, by an American software development company, Inuit. Through this software, a company can perform multiple tasks related to accounting and book-keeping in no time. Task performed by Quickbooks lead to no-fault result even though without human interference. This software eases the work-load of any QB user but at the same time, many users face issues while working on QuickBooks. one such issue is QuickBooks error 12031.
Despite, amazing features and user-friendly design, Quickbooks is a software, and having trouble using any of the software is normal. Many of the Quickbooks users also complain about some errors in Quickbooks. Quickbooks Error 12031 is one of the QB errors that occurs while updating Quickbooks software or Quickbooks payroll services.
In this particular post, Quickbooks error 12031 will be simplified in detail for every QB user, who is facing this error. To know more about this error, read this post to the end and acquire knowledge to solve this error from your system on your own. So without taking any longer let’s get to the point.
Explained Quickbooks Error Code 12031
Quickbooks error code 12031 is related to the 12000 error code series that signifies the user is having some issues while updating Quickbooks software to its latest release or Payroll services update. This is a common error that usually encountered by QB users in Quickbooks. When this error arrives, it interrupts the workflow of the user and cuts the connection of the Quickbooks from the workstation.
This error generally occurred when Quickbooks is restricted to access the server due to network timeout. An invalid SSL set up in the desktop system could be another reason for the occurrence of error 12031 Quickbooks. There are several reasons behind this error that are explained in the below section. Check out the next point to explore this error more closely.
Factors that Cause Quickbooks Update Error 12031
This post covers every major factor that supports the error 12031 Quickbooks to emerge. Those causes are written down below:
- When there is an issue with the internet connection from the wifi modem.
- A network timeout is preventing the access of QuickBooks to the web.
- If your system has a firewall or anti-virus software to prevent bugs and viruses, is blocking access. Because both application treat Quickbooks as a threat to the System.
- When Internet Explorer is not set as a default browser.
- If the SSL settings are Invalid
It’s good to acknowledge the factors before applying any methods to resolve the Quickbooks error code 12031. These factors indicate the area which needs diagnosis and correction. Now you avail all the factors, it’s time to explore the solution to fix this error.
Solutions To Fix the Error 12031 Quickbooks Update
These are solutions that help the QB users to erase the error 12031 Quickbooks from the system. But before applying any of the methods, the user has to keep in mind that only apply the next solution when the first one does not work and never skip any of the steps in order to redeem the error.
1: Solution- Verify The Internet Connection
- First, go to the Quickbooks and navigate to the Help menu
- Now select the Internet connection setup in the Help section.
- A new window will open up, mark the Radio button for Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Setting option.
- After that, just hit the Next button
- At last, the user is required to click on the Done button to finish the procedure.
Once the above steps completed, it’s advised to try to update the Quickbooks again to check if the error is gone or not. If not then proceed to the next solution.
2: Solution- Fix Error While Updating Quickbooks Payroll Services
Apply this method when you are getting Quickbooks update error 12031 while updating Quickbooks Payroll services.
- At first, open the Menu for Internet Connection Setup available in Quickbooks.
- After that, opt for the Internet Properties
- Now a list of various tab opens up, the user has to choose the Advanced Tab
- After that, the user needs to make sure that the Advanced Setting Matches and then click on the Apply option
- At last hit on the ok button to close the current window.
- Finally, the users are advised to close the Quickbooks and then open it again to update the Quickbooks payroll services.
3: Solution- Immune Quickbooks From Firewall Blocking
This solution is applicable when the Firewall is blocking the Quickbooks port to communicate with the workstation and interrupt the download or updating process of Quickbooks. In this method, the user will get to know how to change the Firewall permission for the Quickbooks.
- Go to the Start button on the left bottom of the screen and navigate to the search field.
- Type firewall in the blank space and hit the enter button.
- Now choose the Windows Firewall option in the locator Menu
- Inside the Firewall Window, click on the Allow a Program or feature option.
- After that, click on the Change setting option, when a new page is prompted on the screen
- Now, checkmark the box for Quickbooks to allow it through the Window Firewall.
Once this method is correctly applied to the system then close the Window Firewall and go to the Quickbooks to update it to the latest release. If the error still interferes during the installation then jump to the next method.
4: Solution- Download Quickbooks Update in Windows Safe Mode
In this method, the user will get to know the procedure to download the Quickbooks Update in Windows Safe Mode. When third-party applications start interfering with the Quickbooks update process, apply this solution to resolve the error 12031 Quickbooks update.
- To initiate this method, start your system in Safe Mode. Proceeding the safe mode follow the below steps:
- Press the Windows + I key together on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Now select the Update & Security option and choose the Recovery Settings option
- Inside the recovery Settings, select the Advance Startup and opt for the Restart Now option.
- Now, a new page prompted namely Choose an option on the screen.
- The user has to select the Troubleshoot option there and move further to select the Advanced option.
- Now, choose the Startup Settings option.
- After that select the Restart option and then enter your Bitlocker Recovery Key when asked for.
- After the above steps, the PC gets restarted, now the user will see a list of options.
- The user has to select option number 4 and then press the F4 button to start the PC in the Safe Mode or if you’ll need to use the Internet, select number 5 or press the F5 button for Safe Mode with Networking.
- After the above steps, the user needs to download the Quickbooks update.
- If the user successfully downloads the Update, then it’s recommended to switch the system to the normal mode and then download the QB update again.
Thanks for reading this post till the end. This post is comprehensive as well as informative at every step. Hopefully, this post will help you to resolve the error 12031 Quickbooks from the system and let you get back to your work as soon as possible.
In case, if you can not erase this error after applying every method explained above. Then you are advised to contact the Customer Executive of Quickbooks on a toll-free number. They are 24X7 available to help QB users worldwide. They will help each and every QB user with a precise solution to their Query.