Now and then, we encounter several errors while working on the QuickBooks desktop. In this guide, we will be discussing one such issue known as QuickBooks error 15215. It occurs due to the third-party application interruption. Not only does the error deny you to move ahead with the update procedure but also leaves several faulty effects.
Users update QuickBooks to enable various new features but end up with issues like this. However, don’t be worried as some easiest troubleshooting will help you out in this agitated situation. So, make sure to read till you find the solutions for this issue.
What is QuickBooks Error 15215
While updating QuickBooks, the user should ensure a proper internet connection. Slow internet speed can fail the operation suddenly and result in QuickBooks error 15215.
It usually comes with this text “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature”. Experiencing such errors while updating payroll features and Quickbooks is quite common. So, don’t be worried that you are the only one struggling with this issue. Lots of users have already resolved the error from the troubleshooting given below. Therefore, just move into the post and learn how you can successfully diagnose the issue.
Symptoms to spot QuickBooks update error 15215
These given below pointers will appear if your system is struggling with QuickBooks update error 15215.
- Error message on your screen.
- The computer is not accepting the commands of the Mouse and keyboard.
- Also, if there are frequent freezes.
- The running window gets crashed.
- You cannot run the QuickBooks update.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Any of these causes can trigger the QuickBooks error code 15215.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is incorrectly configured.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- The setup of QuickBooks has not been done properly.
- Virus and malware infections within Windows.
- QuickBooks skips any program files while verifying others.
- The Internet is not running well.
If you are struggling with the issue then these could be the cause. So, what we have to do now is to root out all these factors from our system. We will do it after learning the symptoms of this issue.
Things to Follow before Resolving the Error
- Update the Windows OS.
- Make sure that you have prepared the backup of the company file to secure against further losses.
- Also, conduct the QuickBooks update.
- There should be no interruption caused due to antivirus and firewall
- Update drivers with the latest release.
- QuickBooks software should be active.
Resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Below are provided some of the best troubleshooting solutions that a user can conduct without including much effort.
Solution 1: Reboot the System
The rebooting helps in resolving all kinds of bugs and glitches. So, always try to conduct it whenever you get stuck due to any QuickBooks errors. Make sure that reboot can be done in three possible ways. Pick the most appropriate out of them and conduct the procedure.
- Tap on the Windows “Start” button. Click on the “Shut Down” option and then immediately tap on the “Restart” button to reboot the computer.
- Search for the program settings to restart the PC. The unattended files of the software offer the option. Let’s assume that you are working on some training manual on uTorrent. To reboot the system, follow the navigation, click on Option ⟶ Auto Shutdown ⟶ Reboot When Downloads Complete.
- Press the keys Windows + R on your keyboards. Then type on the bar “Shutdown – r t XXXX,” where XXXX is the number of seconds you want the system to shutdown. For example, to shut down after two hours, type a command like “Shutdown – rt 7200.”
Solution 2: Set the QuickBooks Desktop as the Windows Administrator
It is possible that the QuickBooks Desktop is being blocked by some other application. So it is important to change the administration right of the system.
- Before changing the settings, ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop software is closed.
- Click right on the Desktop icon.
- Choose the option “Run as administrator.”
- Tap on the Yes, if you got a pop-up message, “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Solution 3: Verify the Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked
If none of the above solutions helped you to solve the issue, then follow the steps below.
- Leave and close the QuickBooks software.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Tools and then go to the Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Search for the option Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.2 in the Advanced Settings. NOTE: If you are using the Internet Explorer version then you might not get the option.
- Tick the Use TLS 1.0 option to check it verify that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Tap on the OK to close the window.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- After that Reboot the computer.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop after restarting the software.
- Try to download the update again.
NOTE: If you want to remove some items permanently then try to learn how to clean the boot Windows after the official website of Microsoft. QuickBooks error 15215 servers not responding.
You Can Also Read, Steps To Download Quickbooks Enterprise For Mac
Solution 4: Restart the Windows in a Selective Startup
To restart the Windows in a Selective Setup follow the steps below.
- Exit from the QuickBooks Windows.
- Select the Run option.
Windows XP: Tap on Start and then Run.
Windows 7 and Vista: Click on Start, go to All Programs, select Accessories and then click on Run.
- Go for the Run Field, type msconfig. And then tap OK.
- Open the System Configuration Utility.
- Select the Selective Startup and then clear the checkbox of Load Startup.
- Save the changes by selecting the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- Reopen the QuickBooks and then download the latest tax table.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 after successfully finishing the download.
- Restart the computer again.
Solution 5: Install the Updates Manually
If none of the above solutions helped you to resolve QuickBooks Error #15215 then try to install the updates manually.
- First, the user has to search for any kind of latest updates of QuickBooks.
- Ensure that the product is chosen.
- Look for the “Change Option” and then click it.
- After that choose the “QuickBooks Product.”
- Select the update option and then go to the location where you have saved the file.
- Tap on the Save option.
- After the completion of the Installation restart the windows.
- Restart the Windows.
- Now open the QuickBooks, to check if the latest version is updating press the key “F2.”
Solution 6: Examine Firewall is not Blocking QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel button.
- Thereafter, choose the System security button.
- Once done, move towards the Windows Firewall.
- After that, pick the view in Large to Small icons.
- Also, choose Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Advanced settings tab.
- Try to highlight the inbound rules after locating them.
- Consequently, perform a right-click on the Inbound Rules.
- Now, choose the New Rule button.
- Hit the Rule Type option and pick Port from there.
- Visit the first set of radio buttons.
- Subsequently, choose Specific local ports
- Use a comma for separating them.
- Then, hit Next.
- Again, hit Next and click on Allow the connection.
- Then, click on the Network type.
- Put a checkmark on all the options.
- Just make sure to conduct the same thing with Outbound rules as well.
So, these are the top ways of resolving QuickBooks error 15215. We at Open cloud manifesto try to bring all the help to QuickBooks users. You can also check out our other posts and topic to learn more about QuickBooks errors. Well, experiencing errors in QuickBooks is not an unusual thing. But, you can make the work a little smoother by troubleshooting these errors in the possible time. Here, we provide the easiest troubleshooting. So, make sure to push the notification bar to fight against these kinds of issues.