Have you recently downloaded the updated version of the QuickBooks payroll and struggling to verify the digital signature? Are you facing the update error QuickBooks Error #15215? Then read the whole article carefully.
The error mainly occurs during the downloading of the payroll update. It majorly arises because of the conflict with other background software. The application must require much bandwidth to avoid the QuickBooks desktop payroll. The issue may also occur due to the firewall settings. The QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding is the error that could be happening due to no response or blockage from internet access.
Managing the error sometimes becomes a very irritating job for many QuickBooks users. Hence we prepared this article including all the possible solutions. But before discussing the solution let us first try to understand the triggers that cause the issue to arise and symptoms.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error #15215
The following are a few signs that frequently occur on the user’s screen while facing error #15215. Identifying the error would help you to solve the problems effortlessly. Read the signs and indicators to find out if you are also facing the same issue.
- If your system has the error 15215 QuickBooks then chances are the error corrupts the computer while running a similar program.
- The QuickBooks Update error 15215 servers not responding also crashes and appears the whole software repeatedly.
- Users might also get the pop-up message of “Error 15215: Unable to verify the digital signature.”
- You may also witness a notification of QuickBooks error 15215.
- Users’ desktop might get freeze periodically after every second.
- The window could respond slow to any keyboard or mouse input.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
There are various reasons due to which the QuickBooks Error 15215 Server not responding arises. Below is the list of those.
- Some kind of infection or Virus or Malware has corrupted the QuickBooks payroll program files and corrupted the Windows system files.
- Other applications in the system might have deleted the files related to QuickBooks payroll.
- You could have downloaded the corrupted or imperfect files of the QuickBooks application.
Resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Now since we know the causes and symptoms, let us discuss the solution to the error 15215. If you are also facing the same issue while using the QuickBooks payroll, then read the solutions very carefully.
Solution 1: Reboot the System
The very first method to fix the arising issue is to reboot the desktop. The process of restarting the software will help to force the software that is restricting the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. It will reset the settings to relieve a blocked connection. We have discussed three ways to reboot the system.
- Tap on the Windows “Start” button. Click on the “Shut Down” option and then immediately tap on the “Restart” button to reboot the computer.
- Search for the program settings to restart the PC. The unattended files of the software offer the option. Let’s assume that you are working on some training manual on uTorrent. To reboot the system, follow the navigation, click on Option ⟶ Auto Shutdown ⟶ Reboot When Downloads Complete.
- Press the keys Windows + R on your keyboards. Then type on the bar “Shutdown – r t XXXX,” where XXXX is the number of seconds you want the system to shutdown. For example, to shut down after two hours, type a command like “Shutdown – rt 7200.”
Solution 2: Set the QuickBooks Desktop as the Windows Administrator
It is possible that the QuickBooks Desktop is being blocked by some other application. So it is important to change the administration right of the system.
- Before changing the settings, ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop software is closed.
- Click right on the Desktop icon.
- Choose the option “Run as administrator.”
- Tap on the Yes, if you got a pop-up message, “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”
Solution 3: Verify the Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked
If none of the above solutions helped you to solve the issue, then follow the steps below.
- Leave and close the QuickBooks software.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Tools and then go to the Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Search for the option Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.2 in the Advanced Settings. NOTE: If you are using the Internet Explorer version then you might not get the option.
- Tick the Use TLS 1.0 option to check it verify that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Tap on the OK to close the window.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- After that Reboot the computer.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop after restarting the software.
- Try to download the update again.
NOTE: If you want to remove some items permanently then try to learn how to clean the boot Windows after the official website of Microsoft. quickbooks error 15215 servers not responding.
You Can Also Read, Steps To Download Quickbooks Enterprise For Mac
Solution 4: Restart the Windows in a Selective Startup
To restart the Windows in a Selective Setup follow the steps below.
- Exit from the QuickBooks Windows.
- Select the Run option.
Windows XP: Tap on Start and then Run.
Windows 7 and Vista: Click on Start, go to All Programs, select Accessories and then click on Run.
- Go for the Run Field, type msconfig. And then tap OK.
- Open the System Configuration Utility.
- Select the Selective Startup and then clear the checkbox of Load Startup.
- Save the changes by selecting the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- Reopen the QuickBooks and then download the latest tax table.
- Follow steps 1 to 4 after successfully finishing the download.
- Restart the computer again.
Solution 5: Install the Updates Manually
If none of the above solutions helped you to resolve QuickBooks Error #15215 then try to install the updates manually.
- First, the user has to search for any kind of latest updates of QuickBooks.
- Ensure that the product is chosen.
- Look for the “Change Option” and then click it.
- After that choose the “QuickBooks Product.”
- Select the update option and then go to the location where you have saved the file.
- Tap on the Save option.
- After the completion of the Installation restart the windows.
- Restart the Windows.
- Now open the QuickBooks, to check if the latest version is updating press the key “F2.”
The above are a few solutions to resolve QuickBooks error #15215. Try to follow each of the steps accurately to fix the problem. If none of the above methods helps you to remove the issue then consider contacting Customer Support. You can get the helpline number of the software from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. Hopefully, the article was informative and helped you to effortlessly solve the QuickBooks Maintenance release error 15215.