Quickbooks errors are something that can put a brake on your smooth daily work. Moreover, errors like the Quickbooks error 15311 can annoy you enough to maybe spoil your mood for the day. This error occurs while downloading the update related to payroll or at the time of downloading the Quickbooks itself. So, in order to make sure that you don’t face much trouble with this annoying error, we have researched and developed a bunch of working solutions that have been compiled up in a few important steps to be followed.
Identification of the Quickbooks error:
Before we jump directly to the solution to the QuickBooks update error 15311, you must make sure that the error that you faced is Quickbooks error 15311. This error can result in unpredictable behaviour of the operating system and the Quickbooks window.
How will you know that the error that you are facing is Quickbooks error 15311? Here are the points that will help you identify this error:
- When you face the QB error 15311, the active window will crash
- The computer or operating system will freeze periodically
- You will see a “Quickbooks error 15311” message
- The message will be accompanied with a note mentioning “Cannot connect to the QuickBooks payroll” and “Quickbooks update cannot be completed successfully”
If you see the above symptoms then you need to resolve the issue with the solutions that we have devices for it. In this article, we will tell you all about Quickbooks error 15311. From Analysis to the reason behind the occurrence of this error and different methods to solve it. We have covered all about the error 15311 of QuickBooks.
What causes the QuickBooks Error 15311?
The occurrence of an error in QuickBooks can be linked to various factors. And, at times if you understand the reason behind the occurrence of a QuickBooks error you will find it much easier to follow the steps to solve it. However, the reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 15311 are:
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Software.
- Interference caused due to Malware and Virus attack.
- Some of the QuickBooks software files might be damaged or was deleted.
- Windows Registries related to QuickBooks might have been corrupted.
- Some files of the downloaded QuickBooks documents might be corrupted.
- There might have been some sort of interruption while downloading the QuickBooks update.
How to fix the QuickBooks Error 15311? | Working solutions for QuickBooks Error 15311
DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) method to solve the QuickBooks Error 15311
In order for this method to work, the first and foremost thing that you will have to do is to locate the ‘QBW32.exe’. You can do windows search for the same file. Alternatively, you can use the run command (Windows key + R) from the windows menu and paste the path given below. You can also paste the path in the address bar of Windows Explorer or any folder.
The path to finding or locate the QBW32.exe :
“C:\Program File\Intuit\quickbooks.” You will find the QBW32.exe in this folder.
Now that you have located the QBW32.exe file. You need to follow these steps mentioned below:
- Select the QBW32.exe file and right-click on it
- Navigate to the properties option and the properties window
- Locate the tab with the name “Digital Signatures.” Click on it to navigate to that section.
- Once you are under the Digital Signature Tab make sure that Intuit, Inc. is added to the selection list.
- Select it and click on the details option below
- The detail window will pop-up. In this window select the view certificate option
- Now in the box that pops up, click on the install certificate option
- Now you can keep clicking the Next option until you reach the Finish button
- Once the Finish button is available, click on it to finish the certificate installation process
- Finally, close all the windows and tabs and Restart your computer
- Open Quickbooks, Download, and Reinstall the Updates.
Verification method to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311
This method seems generic but is one of the most effective methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311. In order for this method to resolve the QB Error 15311, make sure you follow each step with caution and according to the input.
Verifying the Internet Explorer Settings
- Open the internet explorer on your computer, navigate to the settings and make it the Default Browser
- Check if the system date and time are accurate
- To verify this accurately, Double click on the Date and Time section, top open the date and time settings window
- Under the date and time window, check for the right region and do the necessary changed to match your GMT time and Date if not prefetched
- Check for the date and time to verify it for your current location
- Make the required changes in the date and time window to have accurate results for your location
- Check the Cipher value
A Cipher strength that is lower than 128 bits suggests that the internet explorer is damaged or corrupted.
If this is the case, then
- Open the browser and
- Press and hold the Alt key and
- You will notice a menu bar appear
Navigate to the Files section in the menu bar and open properties
- You can find the number of bits encryption under the connection tab
- Update the settings accordingly
- Navigate to tools and internet options
- Under the tools and Internet Option, go to the general tab and click on delete. Also, delete the temporary internet files.
Now, navigate to the LAN setting under the Connections Tab. Here, make the changes according to the Image below
Troubleshooting method to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 15311
In order to resolve the Error code 15311 of QuickBooks, troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop can work too. In order to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15311 through this method follow the following steps
- The first and the most important thing is to verify whether your QuickBooks subscription is active or has expired
- Post verification of the subscription (of which you must have an e-mail), reset the Quickbooks desktop updates
- Now verify that the “Payroll Service Key’ is accurate
- Navigate to the employees’ section and click on the ‘My payroll Service” option
- Click on the manage service key and click on the Edit button.
- Now match the service key and check to find that it is accurate and right
- Click on Next and press the finish-key to complete
The above-provided solutions will most likely solve the QuickBooks Error 15311 related to Payroll Update. If the problem is still not eliminated you can let us know in the comment box below and we will revert back to check what is going wrong in the above solutions. We hope that these solutions eliminate this annoying error easily.
Are you still facing an issue realist to the QuickBooks Error 15311? You can directly reach out to them on the link given below with your query and ask for suggestions.
Hope we were able to provide you with all the effective solutions to resolve the issue. Do let us know about it in the comments section below.