QuickBooks error 6150 appears at the time of opening and creating a company file. The error may come with two codes 6150 and 1006. In this blog, we will learn the troubleshooting of the issue. Make sure to use the QBW file repair tool before trying your hands in troubleshooting. It will help in restoring the QB file.
Error Message: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file, please try again.
Error Code: 6150 1006
Error Name: Company File Issue
What is QuickBooks Error 6150
QuickBooks error 6150 is quite similar to other QuickBooks 6000 series errors. You may find lots of hindrances while accessing, or working on the QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, the error text indicates the user about the damages within the company file. Due to this, you require to recover the QB file as soon as possible. Well, the guide here helps in achieving the same. Therefore, just get into and learn unknown facts of the issue.
Common Reasons that bring QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Different causes work differently to make the error appears. Make sure to dive in directly to learn what all they are:
- Corruption within the Windows registry.
- Not installing the QuickBooks desktop in the right way.
- Modifications within the QuickBooks file extensions.
- QuickBooks desktop denies you access to the portable file.
- Occurrence of issues when you save the QuickBooks Macintosh file to QB windows.
- Some relevant QuickBooks files get misplaced.
If your system has any of these causes then ensure to try out the best troubleshooting for removing all of them. Now, let’s move ahead and learn different signs to identify the error.
Signs to Detect the QuickBooks Error Codes 6150
The error blocks the running of the QuickBooks desktop after appearing in the system. This way you can get an idea that the software has corrupted with error. Well, this is not the only sign that appears but many more. You can move into the list below to know about others.
- The error blocks the active window.
- Slow performance of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Having an error text on the screen
- The computer gets sudden crashes while opening the company file.
- Mouse and keyboard inputs are also not giving the inputs.
Well, all of these signs work best for notifying the user about the error. You must know every pointer and troubleshoot the error as soon as possible. Now, you are ready to learn different solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6150.
Best Ways to Fix this Company File Issue
There are lots of ways that you can try on your own to fix this irritable QuickBooks error 6150 1006. Just, make sure to move below and learn steps to troubleshoot it.
Solution 1: Make a New QuickBooks Company File
Our first solution would be the creation of a new company file. You can take the help from the steps below to know how to conduct this task.
- First of all, you need to access the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, head towards the No Company Open window.
- Choose to Create a new company tab.
- Once done, launch the QuickBooks Setup window.
- Make sure to specify all the asked queries.
- Hit on Create Company button.
- In the end, just create customers, a chart of accounts and services, and other things.
Solution 2: Restore Backup
The steps that should be followed for restoring the backup are given below: Follow each step carefully for the desired result.
- Head towards the QuickBooks.
- Additionally, you need to choose the File button.
- After that, select Open or Restore Company.
- Thereafter, choose to Restore a backup copy.
- Hit the Next button now.
- Move further by choosing the Local Backup.
- Consequently, pick the Next tab.
- Visit the drop-down of the Look-In menu and try to find the location of your company file.
- Make sure to choose a backup having a .qbb extension.
- Next, Choose the Open tab.
- Moreover, click Next.
- Go through the drop-down menu of the Save-in tab.
- From there, try to find out the location for restoring the file.
- Subsequently, open a File name field and enter a new Company Filename.
- Make sure that the file automatically saves the file in .qbw format.
- Meanwhile, tap Yes when seeing a Confirm Save As window.
- Also, specify Yes to delete the entire file.
Solution 3: Examine Cryptowall
Cryptowall is a virus that may deny the other associated programs to run within the QuickBooks desktop. Hence, try to examine its performance on your system with the guidance of these steps below.
- To initiate, expand the Windows Start menu.
- Subsequently, move your cursor towards the Search bar menu.
- There, you need to find out the File Explorer.
- After that, just open it and try to find out the QuickBooks folder on the C: drive
- Accordingly, open the same.
- Finally, try to look for decrypt files and instructions (.txt or .html).
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Now, we will try to run the famously known QuickBooks auto data recovery tool. The tool helps in creating a backup of the company data whenever any error or issue occurs. It ensures the safety of data and thus helps you to get rid of horrific nuisances.
- Start the procedure by creating a folder on the desktop.
- You should give it a name as “QB Test”
- After that, open this QuickBooks auto data recovery tool.
- Meanwhile, you will see two new files ADR and .TLG.adr
- Now, pick these two and copy-paste them on the QB Test folder.
- Make sure to remove the .adr extension from the file name.
- Next, head towards the File menu.
- Choose the utility button.
- Hit the Verify Data button.
- Visit the QB Test folder, try to copy the data, and just ensure if the error gets resolved or not.
Solution 5: Access Company File from Another Location
You need to ensure that the company file is accessed from a different location with the steps below.
- Open the desktop window and create a new folder there.
- After that, try to copy the QB file.
- Make sure to transfer it to the folder that you just created.
- Likewise, place the file in its original place.
- Just try to open the QB file and verify it the error gets fixed or not.
Solution 6: Run a Full Malware Scan
This is the last solution in which the user is required to run a full malware scan on the system. Well, if you do not know the procedure then take help from the steps.
- First of all, try to install antivirus software on the device.
- Then, run it to find out any additional threats and malware infections.
- Make sure to remove the threat if there is any.
- Finally, just access the QB file that you installed earlier.
By now, you will end up working on your QuickBooks desktop to tackle business-related tasks. Well, we have made this guide for users like you. Tackling these issues can be overwhelming that’s why we tried out our best to provide the relevant solutions. We hope that QuickBooks is no more creating issues. However, if it is then drop your queries down in the comment.