QuickBooks File Repair helps to repair a QBW file after identifying the corrupted folder in the system. QuickBooks is a managing software of a small or medium-sized company. The software makes the process easy and convenient to track the finances, transactions, and other important data on the track. However, the application is easier to use for non-accounting professionals, as every small or big glitch in the software will leave you guessing.
One of the main problems in using the QuickBooks File is when users come across corrupt or damaged QuickBooks Files. If you are also facing any such problem then consider reading the whole article. We will discuss different tools and software to recover and repair the damaged files.
QuickBooks Data File has a big database and does not contain any programs. It is easy to order the files correctly if they are under 200MB and to keep the new data in a location easy to access in the future. The software struggles to keep the data in order when the folder is larger than that. You may also face issues if the Assets are not equal to the total Liabilities and Equity. The damaged file or corruption can be found by comparing the different data. Net income, transactions, Account Payable, Account Receivable and other information is used to compare the corrupted file with the real ones.
Other than providing you wrong information, the damaged files also show additional problems to the users if it is connected to outside reporting programs. You might get incorrect data files due to the automatic sync managers connecting with QuickBooks.
However, now you can solve the problem very easily by using a few tools like QuickBooks File Repair. The QuickBooks software finds the damaged file and then fixes the corruption without actually reducing the size of the data.
How to Find Corrupted Data Before Using QuickBooks File Repair?
There are a few ways you can find corrupted folders and files. To identify the damaged files follow the points below.
QuickBooks Desktop Crashes/Freezes
If your QuickBooks suddenly got frozen or crashed while downloading or installing any news updates of the software. Then chances are that your system might have some damaged data.
Issues when Opening a QuickBooks Company File
If you are facing any kind of issues or lags or strange behavior while using the QuickBooks Data File then the data files you are trying to access are corrupted. If the system has damaged data, then you can not also use the system in a multi-user environment.
Backup Restore Failed
You may also receive messages and error pop up while restoring a backup file of the company file.
Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File.
Error: Restore Failed. Can’t remove the log file.
Balance Sheet out of Balance in Accrual Basis
The sum of the liabilities and equity is different from the total assets. The difference indicates that the QuickBooks Desktop balance sheet is out of balance.
Account’s Changes Results
If you have recently changed the Accountant’s changes to a QBDT Company File, you might receive unexpected results and errors. The corruption may also occur due to the removal or change in the due date of the transactions of the Accountant’s copy.
Error in Data Utility
Users may also come across the errors like “A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing” while verifying the Data Utility on their PC screen or QBwin.log file.
Error in Transaction History
Your Transaction History might show a negative balance.
Data corruption in QuickBooks may come in many forms. A user should know that anything that seems strange while working in the software is a sign of QuickBooks corruption. We have listed some best methods to solve the problems. If you are also facing any kind of issues while using QuickBooks then read each and every method very carefully.
How to Prevent Data File Corruption?
Below are a few steps that would help you from damaged company files.
Back up Multiple Data Files:
The user should create multiple back-ups of the QuickBooks Desktop data file and then save them.
Condense the QuickBooks Files:
The users can repair files of any size, but the larger files might cause some problems while using the QuickBooks Data file. You can minimize the files with the help of the QuickBooks Condense Data utility.
Use Professional Servers and Workstations:
It will help you to optimize the performance of QuickBooks Desktop by restricting the software from turning off abruptly.
Way to Repair Quickbooks File That Won’t Open
Now that you have identified the damaged and corrupted files, it is time to resolve the issue using QuickBooks File Repair software. So let us now explore different methods to Repair QuickBooks File.
Method 1: Verify and Rebuild Data
The tool helps to find out the error and damaged QuickBooks Data File. The Rebuild and Verify Data Utility fix the QuickBooks issues in the company data file.
a. To Rebuild the Data
- Tap on the File option.
- Then go to the Utilities and click on Rebuild Data.
- Hit the OK button in the QuickBooks Information window.
- After following the above step, click on the Yes option when the dialogue box will prompt Save a Backup.
- After completing the Rebuild process, tap on the OK button again.
b. To Verify the Data
- Tap on the File option and then search for the Utilities option.
- Hit the OK button when receiving the message “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.”
- Verify helps to search the issues in the company file and tap on the View Error or the Rebuild Now option.
- After fixing the data, click on the Close button.
You can also use the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve the problem.
Limitations of the Method:
The command of the Rebuild Data causes irreparable damage to the QuickBooks file which the user wants to repair.
Sometimes the user might also not get the desired result.
Method 2: Use Software for a Better File Repair Capabilities
Using specialized software QuickBooks File Repair Tool would help to faster solve the problems and for quick fixation of the damaged company file. Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software was created for searching the corrupted files in the system and then solving the issue in the best risk-free way.
Features of the Software:
- The software helps to fix all the errors in QuickBooks Data File Repair.
- It also recovers the QBW files which include customers, vendors, companies, and employees.
- Users can also use the application as an advanced repair from the QuickBooks Backup (QBB) file.
- You can access the previews of the recovered QBW file records.
- The Stellar Repair for QuickBooks assists to repair the corrupted data files.
Steps to Use QuickBooks File Repair Software
- Choose the corrupted file that you want to repair.
- Now try to scan the folder/file and then preview the recoverable records.
- After following the above steps, save the recovered data file to an easily reachable location.
- Before buying the paid version of the software, try the free trial version first. Check whether the tool is working to solve your problems or not. After that consider buying the software.
Method 3: Fix the Damaged File using Free Tools
The users can also use the free tools to repair QuickBooks Files and recover them very easily.
QuickBooks File Doctor:
QuickBooks File Doctor is an essential QuickBooks File Repair software. The software helps to fix the internal issues including the damaged QuickBooks company file. File Doctor finds out the problems and then solves them with the help of multi-user setups.
- QuickBooks File Doctor resolves a bunch of errors like H202, H303, and H505.
- You may also experience a series of 6000 errors while opening the QBW file.
- However, you can not use the tool if the size of the file is larger than 2GB.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The tool from Intuit, QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool also helps the user to solve the installation problems. The tool is also known as the QBInstall tool. However, the software has both pros and cons.
- It helps to solve the issue of “QuickBooks has stopped working.”
- The tool helps to find out the issue and then fix the problems with C++, .NET framework, MAXML, and other QuickBooks components.
- Users can only use the tool for limited recovery of error.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) is a feature that helps the user to recover the damaged or lost data of your QuickBooks.
- The software helps to recover the lost transactions of the file.
- However, you cannot restore the transactions if they are not up to date.
The article will help the users to resolve the corruption of the QuickBooks file repair. We also tried to describe the methods that would help you to repair and recover the QuickBooks file that won’t open. If you are still facing some problems and the above methods did not help you to resolve the error in your system then consider contacting the customer support of QuickBooks. You can access the 24/7 Helpline Number from the official website of QuickBooks.