QuickBooks PDF Converter is a utility that can change the reports of your company. The software converts the reports of QuickBooks and into PDF form which is very convenient for sharing.
QuickBooks is a retail management software that has gained much popularity in the world. It is very suitable for medium and soft scale businesses. The software has benefited businesses and also individuals to track down their account and manage it more efficiently.
However, all software has some errors and issues that are needed to be solved. Users of the software have complained to face a few issues while using the application. We would discuss such topics in depth like reinstalling the QuickBooks PDF converter. This issue is known to be found in desktop editions and QuickBooks.
QB PDF Converter is a third-party utility developed by Amyuni. It was originally installed into the QuickBooks software with the name Amyuni Document Converter. The software was used as a printer which has its own drivers.
Advantages of QB PDF Converter
QuickBooks PDF Converter is useful in many aspects and helps the users to ease their work.
- It allows the users to share the QuickBooks files with business clients who do not have the installed software.
- The company can easily convert their report into a shareable PDF which is also convenient to save as a record.
- If you are having some problems regarding emailing, printing or saving a PDF file from the QuickBooks Desktop then the software will help you to update the latest release.
- The user can also easily download the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool from the official website of QuickBooks.
Fix and Reinstall QuickBooks PDF Converter
If you are using QuickBooks PDF Converter and facing some issues related to the software then follow the steps below to solve the problems.
Easily Fix the QuickBooks PDF Converter Issue
All software has a few issues so does the QuickBooks PDF Converter. Let’s see how we can resolve the problem and fix the issue.
- Tap on the button of Windows and search for the Run command in the search box.
- After a search for it, a run dialogue will appear.
- Copy the command “%TEMP%” and paste it.
- Open the tab of properties by clicking right on the vacant space.
- As you would click, a dialogue box would appear.
- Make sure that you have full access to all the users who would log in.
- Once you have performed all the actions, try the same steps to convert the QuickBooks file and check if you are facing the same issues.
If you are facing the same problems even after performing all the steps accurately. Then you have to delete the QuickBooks PDF Converter and reinstall it again.
Delete the Tool
Consider deleting the software when the QuickBooks PDF Converter is not working. To delete the application from your system follow the following steps.
- The very first step of the process is to log in as the System administrator.
- Look for the option Printers and Faxes and open the window.
- The steps are only for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Click on the Start button or tap the Windows.
- Then select the option Run.
- Search for the QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and tap on it.
- Select the option Delete.
- Hit on the Yes button to complete the deletion procedure.
Reinstall Quickbooks PDF Converter
After deleting the QuickBooks PDF converter the following are the steps to reinstall the software.
- To reinstall the software, open the Printers window.
- After opening the window, click on the Start button and then tap on the Devices and Printers.
- Now tap on the option Add a printer to continue the process.
- Select Local Printer.
- Ensure that you have not selected the option Automatically detect and install my plug and printer.
- Click on the NEXT to proceed.
- Select the option new port and tap on the Next option.
- Tap the OK option after entering PDF 1.
- Hit on the Have Disk.
- Select the option on Browse.
- Browse to, Windows 64-bit: C:ProgramFilesIntuitQuickBooks20XX. Or WIndows 64-bit: C:Program Files (x86)IntuitQuickBooks 20XX.
- Search for the file named, amyuni.inf, and select the option Open.
- Tap on OK to continue the reinstalling.
- Click the option Next.
- Select the Replace existing driver and click on Next.
- Once you have successfully followed the above steps, now rename the driver. For example, for QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11 put the name QuickBooks PDF Converter, for QuickBooks 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2010 R6 and above enter the name as QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0, and for QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10, QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5 QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0.
- Click on the Do Not Share This Printer option and click Next to continue.
- The above step will lead you to a promotion to print a test window, choose the NO option and then click on Next.
You can also follow the alternative process to install the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Exit from the QuickBooks accounting software after logging out from it.
- The user needs to open the option by right-clicking the icon of QuickBooks.
- From the options menu, choose the option properties.
- After selecting the option, a dialogue box with the details will open up. Click on the Locations tab.
- The option will show you the exact path, where your software is being stored.
- Follow the path and Navigate your system exactly the same way as consulted.
- You will see the install.exe file, right-click on the option to install.
- The above step will reinstall the PDF converter.
- Hit the OK option after completion of the installation process. Your system would again have the PDF file.
- Go to the start button and select the option Control Panel. In that list look for the printer option and choose it.
- Select the printer named Amyuni. Select the option and rename the printer as QuickBooks PDF.
- Login to the QuickBooks accounts and perform the task. Hopefully, the issue of the software has been resolved after reinstallation.
Alternative Method For Fixing the Converter
If you are still facing some issues and not able to download the software, then do not panic! We have other alternative methods to fix your problem.
- You need to first check if the XPS document is working with or without any interruption.
- The users should reinstall the Microsoft XPS document write.
- It should be considered that the problem has arisen because of incorrect security settings.
- The user needs to navigate the antivirus to install the software on the desktop and then edit the settings of the application.
Using QuickBooks Print and PDF repair tool
The user of the QuickBooks PDF converter can also visit the official website of Intuit QuickBooks to download the QuickBooks Print and PDF repair tool. The tool will effectively repair and solve the issues you are facing while using QuickBooks.
The error or issue of the QuickBooks PDF converter windows can be easily solved. If you are someone who is facing any such problems then we have discussed a bunch of solutions to resolve them. However, if you are not able to reinstall the QuickBooks PDF converter then connect to the customer service. Hopefully, the article was informative and helpful for you and your business.