Quickbooks financial software is well known for managing the financial tasks of businesses at your fingertips. But does that mean it is error-free? No. Recently users have started complaining about Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. This error occurred while upgrading from Windows Vista or XP to Windows 7 or higher versions.
This troublesome error blocks you from printing a document using QuickBooks software. After getting this nagging error, you won’t be able to send or publish the payslips or invoices. These tasks are super important in any business and this is why this issue creates inconvenience for company owners.
This error is caused by other apps also but its importance on the Quickbooks software is higher than every other application. To help you avoid any unwanted problems, we have come up with this informative post to inform you all about “Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20.”
Primary Factors Behind Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 Quickbooks
- Compatibility issues of Quickbooks with Windows 10.
- Using an old outdated QuickBooks.
- An outdated application key is also responsible for “Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 Quickbooks.”
- Issues in windows registry files.
- Unsupported printer drivers
- Improper configuration of the PDF converter.
- Outdated/old windows operating system.
- Improper installation of the Quickbooks software.
Points To Read Before Fixing Quickbooks Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated
Although you can repair this error easily, still there are some pointers to keep in mind.
Making a Registry Backup
Make sure to have the registry backup. Reach out to the Registry Editor first. After that, tap on “Computer.”
- After doing that, choose “File” and hit “Export.”
- In the end, tap on “Save” to finish the step.
Creating A System Restore Point
Restore guide is for Windows 10, Windows Vista/Seven, and Windows 8 as well.
- Make sure you are using the current version of Quickbooks.
- When you update the software with the windows drivers.
- Login as windows admin not as a guest.
- If you have two different Quickbooks versions on the Windows OS then confirm that both versions are in different installation directories.
- Install the 32-bit Windows version if you have Windows XP or Vista.
Changing the Directory
Pointers to remember before you change the directory:
- Create a backup, when you try to make any modifications in the current registry. If you can’t fix the problem with the changed registry, then use the old registry.
- To manage further difficulties, create a system recovery point.
Close the Final Draft
Carry out these steps for closing the final draft:
- Windows 8 or Higher:
- First of all, tap on “Start.”
- Then right-tap on “Final Draft9/8.”
- After that, you need to tap on “Run as Admin.”
- Windows 7/Vista:
- Firstly, tap on “Start.”
- After that, click on “Programs.”
- Then, tap on “Final draft 9/8”′ and then hit the cursor on “Run as Admin.”
- At last, save the documents in the format of PDF.
Easy Steps to Repair Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
This error could frustrate you like hell but it can be fixed using the most proven methods mentioned in this post. Let’s get started.
Method 1: Uninstalling Quickbooks and then Reinstalling It
This is the first and most effective solution to fix “Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 Windows 10.” This is because when you update the Qbs software, it adds more advanced features and tools along with the bug fixes. Let’s check out the process.
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks.
- The second step is to hold Windows+R.
- The run box will be opened after that.
- Write “Control Panel” in the vacant box.
- Choose “Programs.”
- Inside this tab, tap on “Programs and Features.”
- Now, the proceeding step is selecting QuickBooks then clicking on “Uninstall.”
- After that, hit the cursor on “Yes” when prompted.
- Now, hit “Next” and then choose Remove (see image).
- When you complete the above step, the software will be erased.
- Finally, hit “Finish.”
Reinstalling the QuickBooks Accounting Software
Important: Keep your Quickbooks Product and license number handy before reinstalling the software.
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks that is already installed after tapping on “Control Panel.”
- After that, download QuickBooks through the Internet or an installation CD.
- Now you have to install Quickbooks using normal mode.
- The next step is mentioning the Product and License Number.
- Once you are done with mentioning the numbers, the application will be successfully activated.
- Finally, open the QBs file and resume your pending tasks.
Reinstalling QuickBooks using Clean Install
QuickBooks clean install is an incredible tool that renames the last installation folder permitting QuickBooks software to add more install files. The steps are:
- First of all, start downloading QuickBooks Clean Install only from the authentic Intuit website.
- After that, Save it anywhere (We would recommend Desktop)
- Now, hit “Yes” when prompted.
- In the next step, you need to approve the “License agreement.”
- After that, pick up your software along with the product version.
- Press “Continue.”
- At last, hit “OK.”
Method 2: Granting Permission Using Registry Editor (For Updating The Registry Key)
- First of all, access your “Registry Editor.”
- Hold Windows + R, it will open a Run box.
- Write “Regedit there.”
- After that, right-tap on “Regedit” and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- Look for “HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG” to open the registry editor.
- Select the permission by right-tapping on the folder name of the software.
- Verify that you have full/complete access control.
- At last, tap on “OK” and exit from the window as well as from the “Registry Editor.”
After completing the above steps, the software will get access to the printer and all keys in fine condition.
You Might Also Like, How To Update Quickbooks? Get Latest Tools and Features
Method 3: Configuring The Windows Print Spooler Service
- For that, hold “Windows + R” first.
- Then write “Services. MSC” in the vacant “Run” box.
- Hit “Enter.”
- Inside the services list, find “Print Spooler Service.”
- Select “Properties” and tap on “Stop Print Spooler Service.”
- Now, you need to select the “Automatic option.”
- Then click again on “Print Spooler” and select “Start.”
- Finally, “Save a PDF” or print something.
Method 4: Repair Microsoft Document Writer (Preinstalled Windows Components)
Microsoft Document writer assists in printing files. It is a preinstalled Windows component that enables Windows to help the software QuickBooks to save details in the format of PDF. The steps to repair Microsoft document writer are as follows:
- First of all, right-tap on the “QuickBooks icon” then choose “Open File Location.”
- After that, visit “Temp Folder.”
- Then, you need to locate and tap twice on “Exe File.”
- Now conclude the installation process.
- After that, “Open QuickBooks” one more time for registering the license.
- Proceeding further, if you face any trouble while installing “ABS PDF driver” then try to install it again.
- In the end, print again and confirm that “Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20” is fixed.
Method 5: Disable UAC
You can disable the USer Access Control from monitoring any kind of application on windows.
- To begin with, hold “Windows + R.”
- In the vacant box write “Control Panel.”
- Then, you need to hit “OK.”
- Now, you need to tap on “User accounts” inside the “Control Panel.”
- Preceding further, tap on “Change UAC settings.”
- Then hit the cursor on “Never to Notify.”
- In the end, hit “OK” and restart the system.
Method 6: Making Use of QuickBooks Print Repair Tool
If you could not repair the issue using the methods mentioned above then you can use QuickBooks Print Repair Tool from the Tool Hub. The steps are:
- To begin with, start downloading the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair tool after opening the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, you need to use administrator mode to run the tool.
- Then, this application will begin to run with a red background. The preceding step is to confirm if your QuickBooks is updated.
- Now check if your printer is printing from QuickBooks only.
- After that, you will receive a prompt to restart the system after running this tool.
- In the end, verify that all apps are closed while you are running the tool.
You Might Like, Simple Steps To Delete/remove Deposit in Quickbooks – Solved Guide
To Wrap Up
You might feel daunting while dealing with “Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20.” But with the help of our informative post, you can easily fix it like a genius. The solutions mentioned here are not only easy to perform but give you assurance also.
On the off chance, if you come across any problem while performing any solution then communicating with the Quickbooks support team is best. You can contact them anytime 24*7. The professionals are always there for you to assist you with all kinds of issues.
With this, it is finally time to conclude our article here. But you can stay connected by writing your valuable opinions about this post in the comments section below.