Resolve Quickbooks Won't Open Error [Troubleshooting Guide]
What is Quickbooks Won’t Open Error?
QuickBooks won’t open restricts the user to access the QuickBooks company file. There are so many disturbances occur within the system that hinder the ongoing procedure. You may witness repeated crashes and other troublesome incidents while working on the software.
The error can occur in different texts known as “QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start”, “stuck on the loading screen”, “not responding”, and “has stopped working”. Well, you will not receive the same messages again once learning these troubleshooting methods. Therefore, just get into and explore various ways through which you can open your software.
Troubleshooting would become easy when you get to know about all the factors that trigger this issue. Therefore, just move in.
Why QuickBooks Won’t Open Error Occur
Several reasons could shape the QuickBooks won’t open issue on the system. Some of them are provided below.
- The company name is very large.
- QuickBooks desktop is not installed properly.
- QBWUSER.INI file is missing and damaging
- Hard disk is corrupted
- Using an outdated operating system.
Symptoms to Identify the Issue
Those causes not only bring the QuickBooks won’t open but other issues as well that restrict you to carrying out any other function within the QuickBooks desktop.
- Getting several hangs on the system.
- The QuickBooks desktop is not running.
- Slow response of the computer on keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Occurrence of various halts while user accessing QuickBooks company file.
- The operating system does not have the newest version.
Note: Instead of clicking several times, make sure to wait for some time till the QuickBooks opens.
Top Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks won’t Open
If still your QuickBooks has not started then go ahead with the troubleshooting provided below. You must learn and conduct each solution on your system to fix this issue.
Solution 1: End QBW32.exe Process
- To initiate, move towards the Windows Taskbar.
- Right-click on the same.
- Thereafter, choose Start Task Manager.
- Then, select the Processes button.
- Click on the Image Name header.
- Try to find out the processes in alphabetical order.
- Later, you need to find out the QBW32.exe.
- Choose the End Process for this too.
Solution 2: Restart the System
A restart helps to save all the previous changes you made within your system. So, it is always recommendable to restart your system when you are stuck with any kinds of error issues.
Solution 3: Repair the Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, back up your company file.
- It will save you from future losses and damages.
- Also, restart your system.
- Close all the background programs and applications that may affect the repairing procedure.
- Further, visit the Windows Start menu.
- Try to locate the Control Panel to move towards it.
- Subsequently, tap the Programs and Features button.
- Tap on Uninstall a Program.
- If you cannot locate the Programs and Features tab then make sure to choose the Programs button.
- Now, tap Programs and Features.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of all programs.
- Then, select the Uninstall/Change button.
- Hit the Continue button.
- Also, choose Next.
- Click on Repair.
- Thereafter, choose Next.
- The repair may take a while to complete.
- Hit the Finish button when the repairing procedure gets completed.
- Restart the system and save all these changes.
- You also try to update the QuickBooks software to its newest version.
- Also, ensure the latest fixes and security updates.
Solution 4: Make a New Window Admin
- Go to the Control Panel window.
- Perform a double-click on the User Account.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the Manager User.
- Now, choose the Add button.
- Try to specify the correct administrator credentials containing the name and domain.
- Hit OK.
- Windows 10 users must go with the Administrator.
- Choose the Finish button.
- It will lead you back to the User Accounts box.
- Only need to hit OK.
Solution 5: Rename the QBWUSER.INI File
- Open the folder that stores ini file.
- If you could not find it then enable hidden folders and files.
- Thereafter, right-click on the QBWUSER.ini.file.
- Choose Rename from the list of other options.
- Enter Insert .old in the last file name.
- Consequently, try to rename the ecml.file.
- The issue would have been sorted now.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks won’t open is just a minor issue for the dynamic QuickBooks tool hub. Many users around the world prefer this tool when nothing works perfectly. Head towards the steps below to learn how you can download the latest version QuickBooks tool hub (18.104.22.168).
- To begin with, close the QuickBooks software.
- Try to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the downloaded file to a location where you can locate it easily.
- Open the same as it would have been saved with QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- The window may pop up with some instructions.
- Make sure to conduct each one as suggested.
- Also, hit the “I agree” button on the Terms and Conditions.
- The installation is finished now.
- You need to choose any of the preferred tools from the tool hub to carry out the troubleshooting.
Solution 7: Suppress QuickBooks
- Firstly, right-click on the icon of QuickBooks desktop.
- Secondly, hold the Ctrl button.
- Hit the Open tab now.
- Hold the Ctrl key for opening No Company Open screen
- Make sure to leave it when QuickBooks comes with an error.
- Consequently, access the QB file.
Solution 8: Re-Register QuickBooks
- Just examine in the first place whether QuickBooks is registered or not.
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Also, hit the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Thereafter, a new window titled Product Information will pop up.
- Fill in the license number to know the registration status.
- If QuickBooks is already registered then you are not required to conduct any other thing.
- However, if the case is different then make sure to register the software with the steps below.
- Close the Product Information screen on your system.
- Navigate towards the Help menu.
- Thereafter, select the tab titled Activate QuickBooks.
- Go through the instructions carefully and verify the activation procedure.
Solution 9: Resolve the Installation Issues
The user then gets into this solution if the error appears due to an installation issue. Get into the steps below to learn how you can fix this issue.
- Initially, you need to run the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Visit the Installation Issues tab.
- Get into another section and tap QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- The tool will run on the device.
- It can also take a while so wait till then.
- Consequently, just restart the system and your QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, try to expand the data file.
- Check whether you are receiving this error or not.
Solution 10: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Clean installation of QuickBooks enables the user to modify old folders within the software. The tool hub consists of the Quickbooks clean install tool that automatically creates some new folders on the device. The step below will help you in conducting a clean installation of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstallation
- Open your Windows desktop.
- Head towards the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the Programs and Features button.
- Move to the list of installed programs.
- Try to find out the QuickBooks software.
- Perform a right-click on the same.
- Now, you need to choose Uninstall/Change button.
- The Uninstall wizard will be opened now.
- Conduct the Uninstall Procedure.
- When the uninstallation is done, you need to reinstall your QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
- After completing the uninstallation, it’s time to move ahead and go with the reinstallation procedure.
- Head towards the downloaded file on your system.
- Launch the installer file with the .exe extension.
- Thereafter, try to install the QB desktop with prompts appearing on your screen.
- After conducting the steps, hit the Finish button.
- Reinstallation of QuickBooks would be finished now.
- Try to open QuickBooks and the company file to examine the error issue.
Also, Read- What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)- Quickbooks Won’t Open
If you face issues while opening QuickBooks then try to log in with alternative credentials. Also, clear the cache and cookies. However, if you still face issues then make sure to disable the extensions and update your browser.
Lots of ways will help you to open QuickBooks on Mac.
- Try to repair the installation of QuickBooks.
- Modify the name of the QBWUSER.INI file
- Suppress QBW32.exe process
If QuickBooks freezing up then conduct these steps:
- Head towards the File menu.
- Select Utilities.
- Thereafter, click on Rebuild data.
- Click OK.
- Again, choose OK when the rebuild gets completed.
- Moving on, click on File.
- Choose Utilities and Verify Data.
- Make sure to rebuild data if you find any other issues.
It may occur due to some issues within the QuickBooks files. Therefore, try to update the QuickBooks to its latest release and see whether you are facing the same issue or not.
- Just click on the menu of QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, choose Force Quit.